Sovereign - 4 night -

We were on SOS last October and the formal night was the second night. I remember lobster in dining room, but we did not do dining room.. we were in windjammer on formal night. No lobster in windjammer. There was a chocolate midnight buffet and also another midnight buffet at pool side with the whole roasted pig thing. Don't know about platnium or diamond luncheon, we are only gold so far. We got canvas tote bags and post cards (from before the ship was refurbished)

We were disappointed that there was no lobster on either of our SOS cruises. We were told that they only serve it on the longer cruises. Someone who has sailed more recently may be able to tell you if this has changed. Our formal night was on the Nassau day.

We were on the 3/13/2006 4 day sailing and formal night was on the second day after spending the day at Cococay. Sorry there was no lobster in the dining room but the food was very good. There was also a chocolate midnight buffet that night. On day 3 as we were sailing away from Nassau they had a midnight buffet on the pool deck. I don't think they had a Platinum/Diamond luncheon. No welcome back cocktail party. The current C & A was still the canvas tote bag with post cards. We had a very nice cruise. Just too short

When we were on the Sovereign last May, there was no lobster. It is served, I understand, on cruises 5 nights or longer. There wasn't a Platinum/Diamond luncheon, but there was on the last full day, a cocktail party at about 11 am or so. There were drinks and hors d'oevres at that party. Our C&A gifts were the hanging toiletry bags. I love mine and have used it on other cruises and plan to use it again this week.

The Sovereign is a great ship and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

We will be on the 5/15/06 4 night Sovereign. Can someone tell us when formal night is? Will there be lobster? Platinum/Diamond luncheon? What are the current C&A gifts? Thanks!

In December and January just past, there was a Plat/Diamond cocktail hour in the Viking Crown Lounge. The C&A gift was a canvas tote bag. Formal night was Tuesday. No lobster.

We did this cruise in 2005. No lobster, because lobster is only served on cruises seven nights and longer. Don't miss the chocolate buffet...go through the line and take your goodies back to your cabin...:)

Be prepared for lots of young people celebrating the end of school, senior trips, or any other reason to party...a lot of amateur drinkers on this one...

Despite the rowdies, we had a great time on Sovereign; four nights was just not long enough!

LL

Archived