Balcony Cabin for 3/sofa or pullman bed??

I just booked the Navigator in March 2007. I'm taking my parents and right now have an E1 cat with a pullman bed. What is this like and is it better than the sofa bed? (I can't justify a "JS" for an extra $800 right now)

I just came off the Adventure and had a JS which was great for 3 people. That had a pull out sofa and there was still plenty of room, the room attendent kept the sofa pulled out so that I could nap in the afternoon.

We were on the Legend this past December, and while she isn't a Voyager class ship, we found the room to be very comfortable with our three (myself, DH and our 7-yr. old son). The sofa pulled out for our son's bed every night. No pullman in our room, though. It worked out great.

Is there no "D" category on Navigator? Some D's on some ships have the sofa, but can cost less than a JS. The deck plans have symbols to show some of the options, but maybe a call to your TA or to RCI could get the availability for your sailing. There have been threads on the boards discussing the Pullmans, and it seems to me the consensus was that they were a "last resort".

I've been in both an E1 with a pullman (Voyager) and a D1 with a sofa bed (Navigator). If you don't mind climbing up and down the pullman it's actually a bit more private; plus you don't get the traffic walking past you to/from the bathroom while you're sleeping.

Happy cruising, and good for you to take your parents cruising!

Archived