Help !!! Can"t Find

deb380

I went to Walmart today to look for motioneze. They don't carry it.

Can anyone tell me where they got it.

I need the motioneze because my daughter cannot swallow pills yet and I thought this would be a good alternative.

Unless anyone else has better ideas. She's 11. I'm not sure if the ship will bother the kids but I would rather be safe than sorry.

for a prescription (sorry I can't think of the name). It is a small little patch that goes behind your ear. It is a about the size of a pencil eraser. I work in a doctor's office and we have given it to patients. I'm sorry I just can't think of the name right now but her doctor will know.

Some people have mentioned bonine as being very good, and other like dramamine. And, you can try candied ginger.

I have used the prescription patch (behind the ear) and found it to work great. The downside was that I got a dry mouth,but that was it.

Good luck!

Chris :cool:

Call the MD for a recommendation. I think your daughter is too young for the patch (I think the age is 12), if not it works great but may be more than she needs. Kids seem to do better than those of us who are older when dealing with mal de mer.

Bonine is chewable... my 11 y/o DD used it for our trip on 4 or 5 occasions and it worked out well. I even used it on the day we tendered to GC because the boat trip we went on to get to stingray city i had heard could be rough. It was only a little rough, but I was glad to have taken the pill because I did not feel ill at all... or tired.

LOL.. I went to Walmart today for the same thing. MotionEaze. Our walmart had it.:D Try another walmart if one is near! Good Luck!

Back of the package has the website where you can order it (http://www.motioneaze.com). It was an unreal price! $15.95 plus $3 shipping. I paid $4 for the same bottle at Walmart. Hope you can go to another Walmart. Or find another product. Once again, enjoy your cruise.

Try ginger gum or ginger altoids , It is the best cure with no side affects, All others will put you too sleep and that wil l not be fun.... good luck happy cruising

Where do you find the ginger gum or altoids? I have not been able to find them.

Our Walmart has it too, but I'm not sure they would have known they had it if I asked for it by name. It's with the other motion sickness meds. It worked great for my mom and I in December. And a little does go a long way. It doesn't take much.

I know World Market carries (or used to) the Ginger Altoids.

My doctor did not recommend the patch. She said she would only prescribe if I told her I get motion sickness everywhere, car, train, plane etc. You have to wear it 1 day before you start cruise & for 2 more days on cruise for it to be effective & it's side effect is considerable drowsiness according to her. So she said if I was not a person that got motion sickness all the time that over the counter stuff would be better with none or less side effects. So I am not sure it would be good for a child, just my opinion.

I am not sure this will help, but I work as a school nurse, and for students who need meds, but can't handle the pills, we use pudding in the cup. It makes it go down so much easier.

Before you get on your cruise, and have decided what to take, give your child a dose and see how well she does. If it makes her sleepy, you might want to try something different before you are actually on the cruise.

Archived