Welcome home Caviargal

Hi Mrs Moose! The trip was great and my clients had a great time. The weather was really lousy except for one day of sunny skies.

I worked so many hours I rarely had time to enjoy the ship but the suite they gave me was spectacular, on the aft side of the ship with a HUGE balcony. We had a cocktail party for ten out there one evening! Really nice bedding, high thread count sheets, a jacuzzi tub and views from two sides through huge windows; it was a real treat. Complimentary dry cleaning, pressing and laundy was another nice perk.

I liked the service on HAL very much. We splurged and dined in the ala carte restaurant six of the seven nights: Bulgari china, Italian linens, excellent waitstaff and the food was very good as well. We had breakfast there or on the balcony every morning and it made the cruise. I really hate the whole buffet concept and also am not a fan of crowds so appreciate a more intimate atmosphere.

I think I am spoiled now with the "suite" life!

Hi,

Oh that is too bad about the weather, sorry to hear that. I'm glad you enjoyed the suite and the rest of the perks.

It's nice that you got to at least enjoy some of the other perks and dinners even if you had long hours of work and bad weather.

Were the "extra" dinners free style dining or did they give you a set time for those as well?

I will never enjoy a buffet for any meal so I can understand what you mean about buffets. That's great that you at least could have the choice and room service breakfast as in my opinion is the best way.

Anyway welcome back, hope all is well.

I worked so many hours I rarely had time to enjoy the ship but the suite they gave me was spectacular, on the aft side of the ship with a HUGE balcony.

I think I am spoiled now with the "suite" life!

Now its time to relax on a non-working cruise! Welcome home!

MrsMoose, the ala carte restaurant was by reservation only which I am fine with and was pretty well booked by the third day. The chairs were to die for and we would have bought a set if they sold them aboard! We were quite lucky that the manager treated us so well and always was able to get us a table.

Yes, BlueHeroons, I do need a vacation. 201 people was quite a number tp be responsible for and I was constantly bombarded with questions, even during my "off" hours. I really did have to hide out to have a moment to myself! Anytime I was in a public area, it was open season.

I have a 2 day pre-inaugural next month on Freedom so that will be a bit of fun, then a group of 126 in August to the Bahamas. So for real relaxtion, there is none in the near term for me.

I liked the suite life on HAL enough to consider it for my December honeymoon but am not quite sure yet.

Archived