Uninspired 2007 Schedule?

timbo89

In reviewing the 2007 summer schedule (between April and November) it seems to me that Oceania is certainly sticking with "tried and true" schedules.

There are a little over 40 Oceania cruises in the Mediterranean and only 2 of those go to the Black Sea, a couple slip down to Egypt, etc, and there is a small variety of lengths (10-14 days) but very slight differences in ports. For the most part, they are pretty similar, with all 3 ships dedicated to the Med, except for Regatta's Baltic runs.

The Regatta does 7 identical Baltic runs, and has two repositioning cruises from the Med to Norther Europe.

I would have anticipated a little more adventure in the scheduling, for instance:

1. U.K cruise.

2. Norwegian Fjords cruise.

3. North Cape cruise.

4. North Africa Cruise.

Perhaps, I'm in the minority, as I suspect this is what "sells", hence the schedule.

I have to agree. I was hoping Oceania would announce a new ship (possibly the original Renaissance ship of the same design owned by Princess) and find some new creative routes. I was ready to book my next cruise when the list came out and now I am looking at other alternatives. My wife and I really like Oceania but maybe we need a year off to try someone else while they come up with more inspired schedules. We have another Mediterranean cruise scheduled with Oceania this Fall but after that I think we need something else. Your suggestions are good ones and I would also like to see Australia and New Zealand added to your list.

We had hoped to go to Northern Europe in 2007 with Oceania but surprisingly they don't have any itineraries that include Oslo. We had wanted to go to Oslo so are taking anotehr look at HAL as they still have their smaller ships on that run.

John2003

Crystal also does Oslo on their Baltic run. We were on the Symphony last year and loved it - also had 3 days in St. Petersburg - a huge plus! I wouldn't tout a competitive cruise line on the Oceania Board, but since O no longer does Oslo, I felt it would be appropriate.

Mike

Actually, my wife & I found exactly what we wanted on the Regatta for 11/2007...26 days out of Miami down to the Amazon and back. Of the lines at which we looked, none did a transit up and back down the Amazon. It's either fly down and cruise back or vice versa. We've always wanted to see the Amazon Basin and this will accomplish that. Plus, we get to see a few southern Carribean islands we have never visited.

Looking for hotel in Oslo...

As far as itinys..yep..because we are all getting jaded.., been to all the ports.. time for "O" to change the routes..;)

Australia /New Zealand sounds like a plan :D

Hi Claudia,

We're taking a year off from Oceania and will await news of different itineraries or a new 1,200 passenger ship (of which I keep hearing rumors). We are doing the Dalmation Coast on a 90 passenger Yacht (Tauck Tour) next year (2007) -- it goes from Venice to Venice and that's the only port we have visited. I just want to travel to places I've never been before.

Sheila

Anyone know when Oceania release their November 2007 schedule? Am wondering about the Meditteranean to Singapore cruise that is happening this year but for 2007? Anyone got any ideas if they are running it again?

Archived