Price INCREASE!!!

I was checking for any price drops today as I do every day on the RCI site and found my D2 on the Mariner on 8/13/06 has gone UP from $977.00 to $1,279.00.........(good thing I booked when I did)Looks like I wont be seeing any more price drops for this cruise.:( It looks like most of the other Cats are all sold out too.

I was checking for any price drops today as I do every day on the RCI site and found my D2 on the Mariner on 8/13/06 has gone UP from $977.00 to $1,279.00.........(good thing I booked when I did)Looks like I wont be seeing any

You better hope that RCI res agents aren't reading this. They may call you and ask that you pay the extra money. If it went down, you would be calling them wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

I was checking for any price drops today as I do every day on the RCI site and found my D2 on the Mariner on 8/13/06 has gone UP from $977.00 to $1,279.00.........

Well yeah, those sales on the average only last a couple weeks. I'm glad I read cruisecritic, between the sales and a C&A coupon, and booking onboard, I've saved $825 on my 2 cruises. I'll turn platinum before my cruise in November, giving me yet another $100 off the JS I have reserved on Empress.

So far, every cruise I've booked the price has gone UP rather than down. Cruising has become such a popular way to vacation that the ships are sailing almost full most of the time. If they don't have to discount then they're not going to do it.

Now while the prices have gone up for all of our cruises, I have been able to take advantage of coupons for our next two cruises. Which when you think about it seems rather odd. The price has gone up but they feel the need to offer a coupon to entice additional bookings.

My experience has also been that the prices increase. Our upcoming cruise is the only one that significantly decreased in price making it desirable to easily upgrade category. I had wondered how much Freedom of the Seas and the hurricane forecast was driving the price drops on other ships. But maybe that is changing.

My cruise was part of the RCCL special. Where the 2nd passenger gets 1/2 price. What they did was yesterday morning the price for an E1 was 1109 per person. By the afternoon this special came out they jacked up the price to 1624.

So what they charged in the morning was 2218 per cabin versus 2436 with the special. So basically your paying over $200 extra for their so called savings special. Unbelievable.

I'm hosed!

I too was going to book the 8/13 Mariner. I'm on the Soverign this coming monday (4/10) and was going to book on-board for the $100 ship-board credit.

So much for that plan as the balcony price went up $300 per person!

Back to the old rule of thumb - if you see a good price, grab it!

Lou

Same here...was going to book yesterday for Mariner 9/3 with the C & A coupon also. Not only had the coupon expired 3/31, the balcony room I wanted went from around $1500 to almost $1900...I guess I'll try to wait a few weeks and see if it drops back down!:confused:

Same here...was going to book yesterday for Mariner 9/3 with the C & A coupon also. Not only had the coupon expired 3/31, the balcony room I wanted went from around $1500 to almost $1900...I guess I'll try to wait a few weeks and see if it drops back down!:confused:

Why wait? That seems to be the problem in the first place. Book now and if the price goes up further, you're protected. Watch to see if the price comes down and if it does as for the reduced price. All waiting has ever done for anyone is allow the price to go up IMO.

As mentioned above when you see what you consider to be a good price, grab it.

Archived