Anyone use magnets?

I'm sailing on the NOS next weekend. I have a D1 balcony cabin. I thought that I saw a posting about being able to keep the balcony door open, and using a magnet to simulate the door being closed so that the ac will still work.

Does this actually work? How big of a magnet do you need, and where do you place it?

:confused:

I'm sailing on the NOS next weekend. I have a D1 balcony cabin. I thought that I saw a posting about being able to keep the balcony door open, and using a magnet to simulate the door being closed so that the ac will still work.

Does this actually work? How big of a magnet do you need, and where do you place it?

:confused:

You won't need it at night - not this time of year. It will be very cool and breezy in your room at night time.

I saw that post also. I believe you put the magnet on the door where it would touch the sensor on the frame when closed, thereby completing the "circuit". The poster said she used a magnet with the clip attached (the kind you would put on your fridge to hold a lot of papers).

Let us know how that worked out...we'll be on the NOS in June! Happy Cruise!:)

Folks, Magnets to fool the sensor really is not a good idea...It really wreaks havoc with the ships air conditioning system... Its not that big of a deal to open and close the door is it...not to be a party pooper, but it will screw with the a/c for all of the people around you too...There is a reason that it turns the a/c off with the door open.

Ryan

Archived