can a pink purse be "neutral?"

mafig

I usually carry a black leather purse with lots of pockets to board. It holds our passports, cruise docs, reading glasses, sunglasses, etc. I wear alot of black and white on our cruise so, of course, it would go with everything during the day and for some casual evenings also.

I thought I'd look for something else for our upcoming cruise in three weeks. It seems I've fallen in love with several pink purses.:D Now I know pink was the color last season, how about this year? As I stated, I wear alot of black and white so I know the purse is OK with that. I'm also bringing some pink tops that I'll be wearing with white capris, so I'm also OK there. HOWEVER, there are two days when I was planning on wearing yellow.:( Not bright yellow, sort of a butter yellow. Do you think I could get away with wearing the pink purse with the yellow?

I'll be taking a smaller white/black purse for some days and also my silver evening bag. Does the pink purse make fashion sense?:confused:

Since you'll never be able to match up your pinks perfectly, I think yes, anything but an all out fuscia handbag can be neutral.

One of the things you can do is tie a multi colored scarf to the handle/strap to pull in more colors.

FWIW, I carried a red handbag all winter and it was my neutral.

have you ever watched What Not to Wear? Stacey and Clinton often have the person put a bright colored purse or shoes with a neutral outfit-so the pink with the black and white will work great-but I am not so sure about yellow though-but you could wear your yellow on sea days-on sea days I never carry a purse-just a lanyard around my neck.

Yes, that's what concerns me--the yellow. I know I could wear it with the black & white and with the pink I'm not worried about matching.

I am planning on wearing the yellow on sea days, so your idea of leaving the purse in the cabin is a good one, if I can do it.:p I carry so much "stuff" around with me that I feel almost naked without a purse.

Yes, that's what concerns me--the yellow. I know I could wear it with the black & white and with the pink I'm not worried about matching.

I am planning on wearing the yellow on sea days, so your idea of leaving the purse in the cabin is a good one, if I can do it.:p I carry so much "stuff" around with me that I feel almost naked without a purse.

I found a little lanyard purse type thing that had a little zipper compartment-which gave me room for my meds-since I take them with food-and ofcourse my room key/ship's card thingie- there is no room for a purse and lipstick but on a ship your stateroom is not that far away-you can always go back and do a little grooming if you feel the need.

Really a purse is a hindrance on ship-keeping up with it-and the fear someone might rip you off if you turn your back-the lanyard around your neck is much better. I do carry a small purse on the formal nights and more dressier then casual nights as the lanyard is not that attractive.

I think pink would look okay with yellow, especially if you use an accessory to tie the colors together.

I tend to use my light purple purse from Germany whenever I carry one. Normally, I use my backpack on campus, but if I go somewhere else I use that one.

I think I saw that you are going on Caribbean Princess. There were all these little evening bags of every color for only $10 on that ship. I am regretting not buying a couple of them last week. There were some real cute beaded bags.

I think that just about any color can be a person's "neutral". It's really a matter of not clashing with the whole outfit.

I bought a pale pink handbag last summer that I used all summer with so many outfits. Handbags need to blend with your overall outfit, not be matchy-matchy.

The best thing is to lay your clothes on a bed (not neatly, but you need to see all the colors/textures) and see if they look pretty together.

For example, if I were wearing beige tan/linen pants, tan sandals and a yellow tee, I wouldn't wear a pink purse. But same pants and sandals with a baby blue tee would be fine.

I think I saw that you are going on Caribbean Princess. There were all these little evening bags of every color for only $10 on that ship. I am regretting not buying a couple of them last week. There were some real cute beaded bags.

I have lots of evening bags; however..........I could probably use a new gold one - lol. Thanks chriscruise, I'll be on the lookout for them.

Jane, your description of the slacks, yellow T, is just what I'm struggling with. I sure don't want to bring another purse just for that outfit, but the pink probably won't go.

I should be disqualified from answering this question (see hat). :p

Pink and yellow would be fine. Look at prints in dresses, skirts, bathing suits....colors of summer! You will do great with your pink purse, IMO. Again, I may be biased. LOL

Tracy

I should be disqualified from answering this question (see hat). :p

Pink and yellow would be fine. Look at prints in dresses, skirts, bathing suits....colors of summer! You will do great with your pink purse, IMO. Again, I may be biased. LOL

Tracy

I'm not saying that pink and yellow don't go together. I was trying to create a color image of tan pants and dark tan (caramel colored shoes). When you put them all together with a yellow tee, it's a very earth-toned look and a pink bag is too blue for the mix.

However, if you change an element.....say a blue tee....or a white sandal.....it can change it to less of an earthy look.

I agree with Blue Herons that a multi colored print scarf that has the colors in it that you're wearing will help put it all together. I'd suggest a cotton one and not silk for a casual summer feel. I wear a lot of small Pucci print square scarves around my neck for this purpose and as she suggested, tying one around the handle of the bag also works.

Archived