Transfer from Orlando Airport

cruisomatic

i know most people get a transfer from the airport in orlando to port canaveral. we checked all the prices and since we are flying the redeye from phoenix and arriving at 5:30am we decided to have breakfast in the airport and then rent a car, one way and drive ourselves to cape canaveral where we will drop off the car and get a taxi to the port. about a 3 mile taxi ride. we are saving ourselves about $100. the one way car rental is $36 and a taxi should be about $15. the lowest we were quoted for a transfer was $150. you might want to look into a rental. it's not that diffucult drive, about 45 minutes.

i know most people get a transfer from the airport in orlando to port canaveral. we checked all the prices and since we are flying the redeye from phoenix and arriving at 5:30am we decided to have breakfast in the airport and then rent a car, one way and drive ourselves to cape canaveral where we will drop off the car and get a taxi to the port. about a 3 mile taxi ride. we are saving ourselves about $100. the one way car rental is $36 and a taxi should be about $15. the lowest we were quoted for a transfer was $150. you might want to look into a rental. it's not that diffucult drive, about 45 minutes.

who are you renting from? I know Budget or Avis have free shuttles to the port.

Bill

We rented from Budget. The drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral is very easy and we live in a rural area that our largest city is only 25,000 people, so city driving isn't common for us. I would assuredly recommend renting a car if you are arriving that early into Orlando. The Cocoa Beach area is lovely and we really enjoyed it. Wished we had have stayed there instead of in Orlando overnight. Since you are flying a red-eye, how about looking into a day room at the Hyatt which is right at the airport (within). Last year, a day room was $75 but that was from 10-4. Not sure what it would be earlier in the day. You could at least sleep for a couple of hours, shower and then transfer to the port.

i think we are renting budget. that would be cool if they had a shuttle to the port. it would save about a martinis worth of money.

i was planning on sleeping on the plane( i hope) but i'm use to a long day . our last trip to las vegas we had a 24 hour period with our sleep.

a little caffine, a little sugar

Yes, Budget had a free shuttle service. We got there around 9:30am and the driver was going to Disney to pick up a family and said he'd wait for us to do our paperwork. We were the 1st ones at the port but they had chairs to sit and wait.

Archived