Cruisin Fools Review Dawn 3-26 Flying Pirate-Canadians Made Me Do It!

flyingpirate

Hey Kids -

We're here at the dock in NYC, just back from the Western 11 day....it was magnificent.

The embarkation was perfect, with Anshuman the butler holding a sign in the terminal, recognizing me from CC photos. He turned us over to Carmen, and off we went.

10506 was just like 10506 on the Star, just decorated in early 1957 Grandma. Something had to be done about that, luckily I brought a suitcase full of windsocks, tropical lights, pirate flags, standee of hte dog, etc. Charlie & Sean went in search of food and I decorated the cabin.

The Canadians were planning to be in the forward hot tub for Sailaway before coming dowan for our party, so I went up to greet them. They seemed so lovely until they dared me to put a toe in the tub,(I removed my boots, socks, cape,) then a leg, then oh well, might as well just jump in with all my clothes on!!! Oh my.

I met the Brits as I exited dripping wet, and met new friends on the way down, I slipped trough the crew doors.......unfortunately, our luggage hadn't arrived yet, so I had nothing to change into....had our party in a sweatshirt and a striped towel......did demonstrate the bum squeeze to the crowd :eek:

Alex is calling us to go, havae to gett of and get back to semi real life, have five days in NY now.

This will be a jump iin review, we'll all be posting to this thread, as well as our own. Photos should go up shortly, and we have some DOOZIES!!!

TO GA TO GA TO GA!

Hey Kids -

We're here at the dock in NYC, just back from the Western 11 day....it was magnificent.

The embarkation was perfect, with Anshuman the butler holding a sign in the terminal, recognizing me from CC photos. He turned us over to Carmen, and off we went.

10506 was just like 10506 on the Star, just decorated in early 1957 Grandma. Something had to be done about that, luckily I brought a suitcase full of windsocks, tropical lights, pirate flags, standee of hte dog, etc. Charlie & Sean went in search of food and I decorated the cabin.

The Canadians were planning to be in the forward hot tub for Sailaway before coming dowan for our party, so I went up to greet them. They seemed so lovely until they dared me to put a toe in the tub,(I removed my boots, socks, cape,) then a leg, then oh well, might as well just jump in with all my clothes on!!! Oh my.

I met the Brits as I exited dripping wet, and met new friends on the way down, I slipped trough the crew doors.......unfortunately, our luggage hadn't arrived yet, so I had nothing to change into....had our party in a sweatshirt and a striped towel......did demonstrate the bum squeeze to the crowd :eek:

Alex is calling us to go, havae to gett of and get back to semi real life, have five days in NY now.

This will be a jump iin review, we'll all be posting to this thread, as well as our own. Photos should go up shortly, and we have some DOOZIES!!!

TO GA TO GA TO GA!

welcome back,,, are you ready for mexico again now ???? hahahaha

talk to you soon...

We're home! Laurel, Charlie & Sean...we miss you......pictures please!! :D

Kathy & Paul

Kathy & Rheal

Bob & Winn

:D :D :D

Hey all, were made it home too, I still feel the house rocking to and fro this am. No buffet was laid out for us, no one to make omelets!!

Nice to meet you all, this vaction was tops!!

:D Well this was the BEST cruise Steve and I have had, it was a blast !!!....time with new friends and time alone too !!! Great weather, great food and meeting some very nice people....we stayed in 10508 and can't complain about much of anything at all (just too much sodium in the food & they do need some new mattress)....(wonder how did they get soooooo worn out,lol :rolleyes: )

The rooms were clean and the staff very pleasant A++++

I will definitely go on Norwegian again...free style is the way to go for sure.....the food even though the sodium bothered me, but wouldn't most people, was much better tasting than our cruise on Carnival....the last cruise I was ready to come home and this time I could have gone out for another 11 nights.... we are already planning for our 2007 one and can hardly wait !!!!

Hi to all of our new friends and keep in touch !!!!

Linda & Steve

I am so glad you had a crazy time. Sounds like alot of fun.

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne -

It was truly insane and I'll upload the pics and write more as soon as I get home...right now I'm next door visiting my sister in Briarcliff Manor.

I was in Ossining today at the Landmark Diner!

Fundys! Valers! Waterballfeet! Kierancakes!

I miss you all so much! It's like suddenly living alone!

Kieran, you got away without putting your contact info on the sheet, please email to me - smugglersblues at flyingpirate.com - so I can complete the list and distribute. Don't be depressed, darling, SING!

I have some cute photos of you Karaoke Kids, too. But you have to email so I can send you the secret website and password.

March 16 looks good and the following 5 day too. Do I even care what the itinerary is?

Fundys! Valers! Waterballfeet! Kierancakes!

I miss you all so much! It's like suddenly living alone!

Kieran, you got away without putting your contact info on the sheet, please email to me - smugglersblues at flyingpirate.com - so I can complete the list and distribute. Don't be depressed, darling, SING!

I have some cute photos of you Karaoke Kids, too. But you have to email so I can send you the secret website and password.

March 16 looks good and the following 5 day too. Do I even care what the itinerary is?

Pirate,

Hello to Timezarrow :) and Johnny Cashious :D . Just saw the pics - they are great!! Thanks for posting them. Not so sure about being able to do March 16 for a few reasons. Cost to get to Florida for one and the timing of my vacation days. Exploring a similar itinerary for the Dawn on april 1 but keeping an open mind. Not ready to book just yet anyway.

Again, it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Great pictures Laurel!!!! We're not too sure on March 16th either...kinda the same reasons as Yvonne....easier & cheaper to sail out of NYC so it looks like it will probably be an 11 day Southern on the Dawn....we'd even consider doing the Western again....just not sure of the dates yet. Good news is it looks like there'll be a lot more New Brunswickers joining us...everyone we talk to does not want to miss Cruisin' Fools Part II.

Miss you all,

Well, then if you guys can't make it then, we and the bunnies will just have to make some changes.....

You just saw those nine I put up yesterday or the three hundred plus I just finished with?

Those are for all of you to snatch...don't forget to put yours up if you haven't already done so on your own Webshots pages. and you can put the ones not for public consumption there too (nudge nudge wink wink say no more)

I'll be scanning the formal toga portrait when I get home, too.

I still need info for the Brits and Lorraine, I want to get the contact sheet out, it's ready.

Going home to LA tomorrow, we have had weather here in NY, brrrr, hope to have the review continued and the album up T or W.

Floor is moving and I'm starving because no one is bringing us food. :( It's been like that for days, no one seems to be coming, I don't know what to do....(eeep, eeep, Charlie is making hungry baby bird noises).

I've given him all the gum, Lifesavers, and Big Black Dick (Rum) Balls, now what?

There are so many to places to find my Favorite Fools! I just stumbled upon this thread after posting in the Cruisin Kids Fools Redux.

Laurel, I see your light on. Loved the 335 pics. Our girls spotted the bunny chalices on the counter Friday morning and just had to drink from them. Jillian was looking at your photos with me, and called out "My cup! How come my cup is there?" Oh, if she only knew what those cups went through in 11 days. Speaking of cups, what's the cargo bra carrying these days? Ha Ha. So many silly memories!

My last image of you, Sean & Charlie was at the pier in NYC. Our bus was pulling away and the 3 of you stood their smoking away as Sean was hailing a cab. Where O where was his limo company? All 3 of you had that "deer in the headlights" look as if to say "this can't really be over".

We're slowly getting back to reality over here. I've been dealing with a major case of sea legs. A little better today. Friday and Saturday mornings were awful.

Cheers!

There are so many to places to find my Favorite Fools! I just stumbled upon this thread after posting in the Cruisin Kids Fools Redux.

Laurel, I see your light on. Loved the 335 pics. Our girls spotted the bunny chalices on the counter Friday morning and just had to drink from them. Jillian was looking at your photos with me, and called out "My cup! How come my cup is there?" Oh, if she only knew what those cups went through in 11 days. Speaking of cups, what's the cargo bra carrying these days? Ha Ha. So many silly memories!

My last image of you, Sean & Charlie was at the pier in NYC. Our bus was pulling away and the 3 of you stood their smoking away as Sean was hailing a cab. Where O where was his limo company? All 3 of you had that "deer in the headlights" look as if to say "this can't really be over".

We're slowly getting back to reality over here. I've been dealing with a major case of sea legs. A little better today. Friday and Saturday mornings were awful.

Cheers!

Yah, as you know, I'm everywhere :p

335 pics, oh those are just the ones of YOU guys, with just a few of Ben Hur, Johnny Cashius and I. I've saved most of the good ones for our album. You can swipe what you want directly from there after it's up..

I'm ROTFLMAO visualizing the girls and the bunny chalices! Egad, if those cups could talk, you wouldn't want them NEAR your children.

Oh yes, that final moment on the pier, having been left by our concierge(s), butler, stevadore, wheelchair attendant all alone in the big mean city.......actually, Sean was waving at the blue van right behind the bus which immediately pulled up for us. His driver had pastry, coffee and our brand of cigarets.

Right now, still in NY it's too cold to access the cargo bra, too many layers. Fear not, at home regular use will resume. Camera, wallet, Titan missile...

I looked at the Fools Redux thread.....good start for a group that didn't know Gumball Rallye.....we're not bound by time, use miles to fly and the AA always costs the same so you guys decide.

Easyus Dateus Laus Chaus.

Looks like a one post wonder was on and left a delightful post about us that has been removed by sysop -

We RUINED the 3-26 Dawn cruise! :eek: Nice being compared to an unvacuumed carpet or canceled shore excursion!

We were loud and boisterous (our Aqua waiter actually complained to this diner and told him/her we were CC), we ran round in SHEETS, were in the hottub NAKED (I wore all my clothes, didn't see you guys w/o suits)

hottubcc.jpg.jpg.6e5e8a290b1b3df70018d2bd07500d37.jpg

We were rude, didn't care about other people, allegedly the post was really blasting.....who was this group OP was talking about...couldn't have been us! We were so much fun, they asked us back!

My wing-girls from the Star cruise Melika and Nilla took 'em on for us :D

Yah, girls!

How did we miss that one? Was it on the NCL thread? Some people are just envious when they see other people having fun.

Seriously though, for the most part we Cruisin Fools were well behaved...and when we did let our hair down we were usually aware of the people around us. If we did ruin someone's dinner in Aqua we sincerely apologize...but it was our farewell dinner and we got caught up in the moment...we were leaving fabulous friends that we miss dearly!!!!!

Laurel it was truly a pleasure meeting you, Charlie & Sean. Thank you so much for sharing your suite and your hospitality. Charlie...you have touched us all with your smile, your wit, and your love of life!

Til we cruise again with you,

Kathy, Paul, Kathy, Rheal, Win, Bob/Wally

Looks like a one post wonder was on and left a delightful post about us that has been removed by sysop -

We RUINED the 3-26 Dawn cruise! :eek: Nice being compared to an unvacuumed carpet or canceled shore excursion!

We were loud and boisterous (our Aqua waiter actually complained to this diner and told him/her we were CC), we ran round in SHEETS, were in the hottub NAKED (I wore all my clothes, didn't see you guys w/o suits)

We were rude, didn't care about other people, allegedly the post was really blasting.....who was this group OP was talking about...couldn't have been us! We were so much fun, they asked us back!

My wing-girls from the Star cruise Melika and Nilla took 'em on for us :D

Yah, girls!

Hmmmm let me think, last check cargo bras and speedos were considered clothing :D !

Noise, what noise ????? Oh they must have been refering to the pub crawl when we were duly encouraged by the cruise directors staff to make a lot of noise!

As mom always said if you can't beat 'em ... join 'em but then again not everyone can be a Fool.

So if we don't care about other people why would we even go on a cruise? Wouldn't a stay in solitary be more fun :D . Argggg theres one in every crowd!

Maybe they were just having a bad 11 days period!

Wow...sounds you guys had a lot of fun. My sister & I are on the Dawn on April 16th for the Eastern cruise...hope we have a "fun " group like you on board. Also thanks for all the cruise information on this board, I have only been reading for the last two months and this board is a fountain of information.

Thanks again!

Wow...sounds you guys had a lot of fun. My sister & I are on the Dawn on April 16th for the Eastern cruise...hope we have a "fun " group like you on board. Also thanks for all the cruise information on this board, I have only been reading for the last two months and this board is a fountain of information.

Thanks again!

I hope you're as fortunate as we were to meet a super fantastic fabulous group of people!!! We've made friends for life. :D

I did see that post which by the way was not responded to by any of us, but was put down by several other people before being yanked. And it was a great bunch of people having a great time :). Pirate, could you send me the link to the pics if possible? Tnx.

Archived