Hurricane Season

audball

pcur....You must have been on that Glory sailing:D. Ships will go around hurricanes as much as possible. Our Glory trip was supposed to be Western. Due to Ivan in the Gulf, we did Eastern. We had a short day in St. Maarten due to Jeanne coming to call, skipped St. Thomas, and did Nassau with a BUNCH of other ships whose itinerary was changed as well. Trip was great, we had a ton of fun during the week and good food. The only thing we were worried about was sailing from PC as that was up in the air until almost the last day and we live so close to the Port. Not to worry, when we arrived home, Jeanne paid us a visit anyway:eek: ....After experiencing Charlie, I'd rather be upon the sea during a hurricane than on land!

Today we have signed up for a 5-day cruise on the Enchantment that sails in the middle of September (to tide us over until our January, 2007 cruise on the Serenade). The rate was really good and I feel good about going on this cruise. I must mention that I thought the reason why the rates were so good was because the middle of September is shortly after the children have headed back to school and maybe parents didn't want to leave home for a cruise until the kids were all settled in school.

After reading through this thread, for a few minutes I wondered if we were making a wise decision about going at that time. Well, after sorting it out over dinner, we feel that this will be an adventure! There's a good possibility that everything will go along swimmingly, but there is a chance that it may not. And you know what?. . . . that's OK. We're going to have a maaavelous time anyways!

pcur....You must have been on that Glory sailing:D. Ships will go around hurricanes as much as possible. Our Glory trip was supposed to be Western. Due to Ivan in the Gulf, we did Eastern. We had a short day in St. Maarten due to Jeanne coming to call, skipped St. Thomas, and did Nassau with a BUNCH of other ships whose itinerary was changed as well. Trip was great, we had a ton of fun during the week and good food. The only thing we were worried about was sailing from PC as that was up in the air until almost the last day and we live so close to the Port. Not to worry, when we arrived home, Jeanne paid us a visit anyway:eek: ....After experiencing Charlie, I'd rather be upon the sea during a hurricane than on land!

I think it was the Grandeur or the Enchantment in 5/03 or 10/03. I can't remember the hurricane's name, but it must have been one of these. Same deal as you, though: get out of St. Maarten FAST!!!

Archived