Few Questions

LabelJunkie

Hi,

Ive just joined! Im planning to take my partner on a Seadream cruise next year - long way off I know! Just a few questions:

We would love to do one of the greece/italy/ or Croatian trips however being based on the other side of the world (Australia) I have no idea which month would be best - any suggestions?

Also my partner isnt a big water fan - (I am!) is the cruise suitable for those who dont fancy much swimming/water activities?

Thanks,

J

Earlier in the summer (June early July) season you may find more pleasant than later; one reason is the weather, second in august most of europe is on holiday so attracyions in some cities may be crowded or in others not open.

As to the water sports, our group did not even use them on our european trip, we went sightseeinig in italy and france each day or stayed aboard and lounged about on the balinese sun beds, your partner will have no worries!

We have sailed SD in the Caribbean so I can't help you with the first part of your question.

DH and I hardly leave the boat when we are on SD as we love reading, napping, port watching, people watching and just relaxing from the Balinese sunbed or a booth at The Top of the Yacht (where is that sigh smilie?)

I also enjoyed having my spa treatments on the deck, overlooking the pool and the ocean.

G'day Labeljunkie:

I second the above Seadreamers. We have not used any of the water toys. Always something else to do that suits us better. Have used the area for swimming one time but prefer soaking off one of the great beaches. Have used the pool on occasion and like lounging around the pool (there is a bar there) but have never used the hot tub. Also have not done the Med yet, only Mexico and next week our second Caribbean. Hard to work the next few days.

All the best,

Jim.

I would go in late May, early June or Septemeber and avoid the crowds. We are doing Venice to Athens in late August due to timing issues and I'm kind of dreading the heat as well. (This is on Radisson because the Seadream itinerary we wanted started on June 10 - our son's wedding day!) Water will be warmer in September and heat MAY be subsiding.

Archived