Some New Princess Summer Itineraries? Where in the World Would You Like to Go?

Host Caroline

Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Summertime: Where Would You Like to See a Princess Ship?

• 7/10-night Canada & New England cruises
    • 7-night Bermuda sailings from East Coast ports
    • 10/11-night Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Seward
    • 7-night European cruises from Barcelona or Dover with alternating itineraries
    • Some "True" transatlantics ala QM2 style
    • Other ideas?

Being in NC I agree re Charleston: unfortunately they do not want a big ship there on a regular basis and I don't think Princess would commit one of their smaller Tahitian-size vessels... I would love to see summer cruises from somewhere in the Virginia/Carolina area..

Bermuda is divine.. would go back there more often if we could do from closer to home!

We would like to see more cruises originating in Galveston to the Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean or to South America.

Was on a great New Year's cruise that added Panama to the normal 7 day Western Caribbean that was really special that makes me want more options for cruises including more southern ports.

And why not add more South American cruises originating from a port that doesn't cost more than the cruise to fly to? Start in somewhere in Mexico (Cancun?) or Costa Rica that already has inexpensive air deals but makes Southern ports accessible.

I'm with those that want more Norwegian fjord cruises. 10 to 14 days out of Amsterdam or Copenhagen would be very nice. Alternating Norwegian fjord and Baltic cruises would attract those who like to do B2B cruising.

Also, Baltic cruises should spend two overnights in St. Petersburg because there is way too much to see in only two days of shore excursions.

And another thing, some smart cruise line should start studying European festivals and schedule strategic port calls to take advantage of the available opportunities. I remember that during my Baltic cruise in 2001 our ship sailed around in circles all night long going from Tallin to Helsinki while in the harbor of Helsinki a grand fireworks show was taking place at midnight. Since it is only a 3 hour ferry transit from Tallin to Helsinki we could have been there in plenty of time to enjoy the show. But I'm sure that NO ONE in the entire cruise line's management had the least idea that they had missed a terrific promotional opportunity or just a way to treat the passangers on that cruise without changing the itinerary at all. I was really bummed over it.

Bill

What about an Hawaii to Tahiti / Polynesia round trip? I know there would be a lot of "at sea days." The Tahiti Princess takes almost 5 days to make it to Tahiti from Hawaii on her one way trips. My idea would be to skip the tour of the Hawaiian Islands (people could do that on their own before or after the cruise) and then a round trip cruise out of Honolulu to the Tahiti area would be around 15 days, depending on how many destinations in the South Pacific are picked. I love "at sea days" and this would also save the expensive air fare to Tahiti. The Island Princess L.A. to Hawaii R/T 15 day itinerary is very popular, why not a Honolulu 15 day to the South Pacific R/T?

12 to 15 days with 2 or 3 days in Hawaii and 4 or 5 days in Tahitian / Polynesian ports would be great on a ship like the Dawn.

We would like to see more cruises originating in Galveston to the Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean or to South America.
Excellent suggestion. We were on the same extended cruise and it was a great itinerary. Throwing a few longer cruises in with the standard 7-day trips from Galveston (how about a 14-day Grand Tour of the S. Caribbean) would go over very well, I think.

I agree with Times Prince, Spongrob, and Jimkat02. More and Longer cruises out of Galveston. I live in So. Calif. and my wife doesn't like to fly. Galveston is within a reasonable drive for me, where Miami isn't.

I have been asking for a 7 night bermuda cruise from princess since they stopped sailing that itinerary in 2001. On the questionaires that we fill out at the end of the cruise I only mark Bermuda. I wish someone out there (who was in charge of these things) was listening to our requests.

I would like a long cruise ( approx. 20 days) from Los Angeles to Hawaii and then on to Australia OR Los Angeles to Hawaii and then on to Tahiti.....and then a reverse order also. Lots of sea days are wonderfull!

That would be super. Obviously, we live on the West coast and I like not flying at all or only flying one way....;)

I would love to see a Princess cruise to Bermuda out of Boston or NY. I live in Mass. and would love to take a Princess cruise without the expense of airfare. :) Plus, I have never been to Bermuda and it is on my list of things to do.

Sheryl

Me Too!!! We live on the coast of Massachusetts and are looking for a great June cruise out of Boston in 2008. Right now our only options are a Bermuda cruise on an old NCL ship or a HAL cruise to NE/Canada.

I would recommend more NE/Canada cruises in July and August when people want to cool off from the hot summer temps.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

I would like to see Australia/New Zealand rt from the states or where you could do the long flight and sail back to the US via other South Pacific islands, Tahiti, Hawaii or where ever. It is just so long to fly to and from Aus/NZ.

I really wanted a 7 day Med cruise this summer with Princess, but just not offered. I can't take more than a week off of work at a time so I get very frustrated with the 10/12 and 14 day options. Royal Caribbean marketing fits me better, but I like the Princess experience better.

1. I like DrukeI's idea...we want to cruise through the Kiel Canal, and we'd like to take an R-class ship. The combination sounds good.

2. Would love a San Francisco round trip coastal cruise during the summer or early autumn (NOT SPRING!) that includes Santa Barbara, Catalina, two days in San Diego (as a true port call, not to take on additional passengers), perhaps also going down to Cabo, etc. 9-12 days would be great.

3. We'd be interested in a Hawaii round-trip (from San Francisco, preferably) to the South Pacific as someone else suggested, and would want Fiji included. Agree that there is no need to include Oahu as part of the cruise, though would love to see Molokai or a couple of days on another outer island (hate those inter-island flights!) as part of the cruise. We'd like to do this in the early autumn (or summer if there are no incentives to get kids onboard).

4. We would enjoy extended port stays in general. Overnights in the best ports to include a full second day.

5. We'd also be interested in San Francisco to Japan, via Hawaii, in autumn, or maybe late summer, but NOT SPRING.

6. Extended Norway/Sweden cruise to include North Cape, midsummer.

7. Would love for Princess to build a new 45,000 - 75,000 GRT ship for somewhat longer, exotic cruises.

8. How about Princess starting up a River Cruise division?

A world cruise on an R class ship, please! :rolleyes:

HI DEE & JOHN

MYRA HERE (OF HERB & MYRA) FANCY MEETING YOU HERE. THE AUSTRALIAN/NEW ZEALAND TRIP WAS WONDERFUL & IT WAS SO GREAT TO MEET YOU IN PERSON.

WE ARE BOOKED ON THE ROYAL PRINCESS WHICH LEAVES ATHENS JUNE 1, 2007 AND ARRIVES IN CIVITAVECCHIA JUNE 13. I KNOW, THIS CRUISE IS MUCH TOO SHORT FOR YOU:D

WE ARE ALSO BOOKED ON 3 OTHER CRUISES BEFORE THIS ONE. CAN'T GO TOO LONG WITHOUT A CRUISE. BUT, I'M NOT QUITE READY FOR A 30 DAY CRUISE OR MORE YET :p

WELL, MY CRUISING BUDDIES, YOU TAKE GOOD CARE & HOPEFULLY WE WILL CRUISE AGAIN SOME TIME.

LOVE,

MYRA

Princess should consider more roundtrip NYC cruises starting earlier next year. The Crown Princess will be sailing out of NY next year -- hopefully, before mid June!

One area that I would be interested in sailing to is down south -- Charleston, Norfolk, Savannah and it would be nice to continue on down to the Caribbean or up north to Canada. As long as it is roundtrip NY.

Maraprince

Could have sworn that I posted a suggestion here, but it seems to have disappeared.

Why doesn't Princess have cruises that depart/arrive back to Piraeus (Athens)?

I have booked a cruise on Louis Cruises because they are the only ones with "cruise ships" who do. 3000 passengers a week capacity... there's a market.

I would have loved to cruise Princess but the schedules in the med don't do it for me. Especially when I'm visiting Greece.

Archived