Rollerblading

Ok, I have a silly question, but any question that goes unasked is silly, right?

Does Carnival allow rollerblading on their ships? I like to blade for exercise and relaxation, and would like to do it on the track on the sun deck. I have heard that RC allows it on their ships. I am crusing on the Imagination in a couple of months, and any info would be greatly appreciated!

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

from: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

I highly doubt you "heard" correctly about RCI.

Not on Carnival. I believe RCI has (at least) 1 ship (if not RCI, one of the lines does) that has a rollerblading "track". I doubt they just let guests blade up and down the halls tho.

Sounds pretty dangerous to me for both you and the other passengers!

Royal Caribbean's website says: "Disruptive Equipment - No boom boxes, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles or other means of personal transportation can be utilized unless it is in an appropriately designated area or for medical reasons. If this equipment is brought onboard it will be stored and returned to the guest on the day of departure.

Not sure what they mean by "appropriately designated area" when they say in the last sentence the equipment will be stored if brought on board. I still would not want to have to watch out for people rollerblading on deck; there just isn't room for that sort of thing.

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Voyager of the Seas has In lin Skating. I remember seeing something about it on some show and it looked like a track. Here is some info from Royals webpage:

Link

Its third on the list of highlights

Royal caribbbean has a seperate track (if thats what it can be called) for roller blading. You cant just roller blade on their jogging track.

the jogging track on carnival is only opened in the wee hours.. its not a stright through run either.. during the day I think the lounge chiars go up.

so its not a track that you may think it is.

You cant just roller blade on their jogging track.

the jogging track on carnival is only opened in the wee hours....... during the day I think the lounge chiars go up.

serene

I can't speak to the Fantasy Class because I have yet to Sail on one, and to be honest, I don't recall much about deck chairs on the jogging track on Celebration (Holiday Class) so you very well be right, but the jogging tracks on the Spirit, Triumph, and Conquest Classes are available at all times of the day. It is actually very common to see people up there (or down there, depending on which deck you are sunning yourself on ;) ) walking or jogging their lunch off.

on the Sensation they set chairs up in the afternoon. Dont know if the ship was super crowded or not.

The more I think about it, it does seem like they did the same on Celebration, but hey, that was six years ago so I couldn't tell you for sure (39 and having a "Senior Moment? :eek: ). But as far as the newer classes go, as long as you don't have to be right in front of the band, there is more than plenty of deck space to go around without having to use the track.

I say: Go for it. The great part of cruzing is seeing new things. I hardly think that you would be any more obnoxious than those high arm raising, fast pacing bluehairs that run me over when I`m just strolling the deck after a big breakfast.

That being said-I don`t let ANYTHING bother me on a cruze-sep when my room stewart forgets to ice my beer cooler for the day.

serene

On Legend, it is forward of the Lido pool area, and all of the way up on Sports, a deck up from Sun (Deck 10). So unless you climbed to the highest forward point of the ship, you probably missed it. The only reason it caught my attention is because we were laying out on Sun Deck one particularly warm afternoon, listing to the band, when I happened to look up to see some very sweaty people jogging. Not me... I'm on VACATION!!!

The track on Triumph and Conquest Classes are located in the same place. Open the picture and look for the deck under where it says Carnival Valor. You can actually see a guy jogging. Once again, unless you go climbing, or are looking for it, it is easy to miss.

I don't think that roller blades would be all that safe on a cruise ship. Not only were there crowds of people that you might have to get through, but if you somehow got out of control, it could be easy to go over a railing, especially if seas were a little rocky. I had trouble walking on the last sea day and I would hope that people would have enough common sense not to use roller shoes, skates or blades when seas are rough, but it just doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

That said, there was a boy, maybe about 10 years old, who had those sneakers with the roller in the heel on my cruise. He'd glide through crowds of people and while I never saw him run into anybody, it would have been easy to do on the last sea day.

... I had trouble walking on the last sea day...

You should have been with us the first night on our 2/26 Valor cruise. It was moving so much that the Forward Lido Pool became a Wave Pool. Here is a pic (a little blurry due to the motion) to prove it. The splash hit the Panorama Deck above.

Thanks for the input everybody. Like I said, I was just curious! No question asked is a dumb question, right?

Exactly! Besides, I'd rather you ask than lug them to the port for no reason!

You should have been with us the first night on our 2/26 Valor cruise. It was moving so much that the Forward Lido Pool became a Wave Pool. Here is a pic (a little blurry due to the motion) to prove it. The splash hit the Panorama Deck above.

I couldn't understand the Captain's accent over the PA, so I'm not sure if it was the actual wave height or what we were expected to get, but I heard 10 feet at one point. All I know is when we walked down the center of the hall, with each step I'd be on a different side of the hall! But it could have been worse...the slide was closed (pool might have been...it was too cold anyway), but the hot tub was still open!

Archived