Mercury on time

Joe Beach

on time so far, via the san diego webcam, zooming in on the gangplank, looks like they are boarding like they said, first noticed around 2pm PDT

someone else can monitor to see if they leave around 5p like they are supposed to under normal circumstances.

I just looked at the WebCam on the SanDiego site...unless

I am not seeing the day and time correctly, it looks like she

is still in port. It is almost 8:00pm Eastern Time.....so that

would be almost 5:00pm Pacific.

Hopefully someone will tell me if what I am looking at is correct:)

Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you!

To me, only an hour late is good news, considering.

Joe Beach............to me, I think an hour late, for all that has gone on, is excellent. I can think of a time we were supposed to leave one of the Spice Islands.......but the tide was out..........and we were stuck on the bottom. Even the tugs could not pull us out..........we had to wait for high tide.

Then there was the time that one of the main engines was lit.........and the starter motor on the second engine made a large noise, that could be heard in port..........and we only had one engine running. Six hours later, the crew had rebuilt the starter motor, and we were off.

In our 40 + cruises, we have probably experienced 5 delays..........so that's not bad.

I know that the captain and crew of the Mercury is doing everything in their power to make this cruise as good as possible. Reading the various posts of the previous cruise, and getting two sides of the story, the only thing that appears to have set some old time cruisers to cry foul, is the communication effort by the administrative staff. I think we all know that the number one rule in business or personal life is communications. That's Celebrity's failure, from the top down.

In all honesty, it seems that Richard Fain needs to dress his top aids down or dismiss them and replace them with people like Jack Williams and Rick Sasso again.

Rick

Archived