Pants/sandals...hose?

klh-or

Okay, I understand that wear hose with a formal gown is not necessary nor recommended.

What if a woman is wearing nice basic black slacks, black sandals with a dressy top to a non-formal night? Still no hose?

Thanks for your help. I'm a jeans kinda gal but looking forward to expanding my wardrobe for our cruise in August!

:-)

You can have both! If you like to wear hose because of the "hold-it-all-in" factor, but at the same time, wear sandals.....get Spanx! They are panty hose with control on top, and no feet on the bottom.

Honestly, I could not get through life without them!!!!

Tracy

Oh my, zotzer - I DO like to wear hose to work under my slacks for the "hold it in factor", but on a cruise, I'd be far too warm to wear hose or spanx under my slacks. I make sure I wear smart casual slacks on a cruise that are roomy enough that I don't feel self-conscious about letting it all hang out, so to speak, and I always wear sandles sans hose.

Okay, I understand that wear hose with a formal gown is not necessary nor recommended.

What if a woman is wearing nice basic black slacks, black sandals with a dressy top to a non-formal night? Still no hose?

Thanks for your help. I'm a jeans kinda gal but looking forward to expanding my wardrobe for our cruise in August!

:-)

No hose with sandals ever, ever, ever

Just for you people watchers who appreciate a little catty humor. The other day while waiting to be seated in a restaurant, the woman seated beside me had on evening sandals and a pair of peds :rolleyes: , DH just winked at me when I looked up! At least they were a nude tone and not white cotton.

Perhaps she had read the no pantyhose rule!

Just for you people watchers who appreciate a little catty humor.

The other day while waiting to be seated in a restaurant, the woman seated beside me had on evening sandals and a pair of peds :rolleyes: , DH just winked at me when I looked up! At least they were a nude tone and not white cotton.

Peds? Last time I heard that item spoken of was by my Grandmother, who died over 10 years ago.

Do they still make those things...or were hers left over from WWII? :D

Thanks for sharing!

Not only do they still make peds, they make ALL kinds of varieties! Full foot, short foot, toes only (for mules/clogs), middle only (for slides), etc. Nylon, cotton, black, white, nude. I'd say about half the shoes I wear in the shoulder season here I wear with some sort of ped......You can't see I'm wearing it, but my sweaty feet aren't sticking to the leather interior of my shoes:D

Just for you people watchers who appreciate a little catty humor. The other day while waiting to be seated in a restaurant, the woman seated beside me had on evening sandals and a pair of peds :rolleyes: , DH just winked at me when I looked up! At least they were a nude tone and not white cotton.

I was running through a hotel and saw a woman with clear lucite sandals on with black hose and a gold anklet.:eek:

I buy mine at Target; I know they have a couple different brands but one is most definitely "Peds";)

So what do they call these in England? Or is this one fashion accessory that hasn't made it across the Pond? :-)

I would love to get some cotton peds that are worn over the toes for clogs and mules. I have some nylon ones, don't like them very much.

Does anyone know who sells those? Would love to buy at a store to save on S & H, but if the price is right, I'd order online too.

The few times I've seen them, they are so expensive. More expensive than a regular pair of socks, and that's just wrong.

T

My daughter wears peds with her flats, otherwise her shoes smell horrid after a while. I think I picked some up at Nordstrom, or Rob/May or Target, can't remember right now.

They're not a bad idea, if you can't see them.

I've gotten some of those half things for clogs, I think I picked them up at Nordies, too.

Now, just picture a more industrial weight than the photo, with high heeled sandals. The shoes also had a bit of bling on them. Very cute.

OK, I keep seeing this thread and others. I have a floor-length red sparkly gown that I wear with gold satin sandals. My toes stick out of the sandals and look "beachy" without hose (plus they hurt.) I go to Nordie's and get the most expensive sheer toe stocking I can find - since the dress is floor length I figure the only time my toes show is when I'm walking and my feet are moving too fast for anyone to get a good look. I say go for what feels best!

Happy, my mom wears fisherman-style Aeorsoles sandals with blue and white pinstriped peds (I think she also has ones with tiny rosebuds on them); I have given up trying to tell her how tacky it looks :)

Archived