Ketchikan:Kayaking or Misty Fjords cruise?

Cruisechick82

I'm hoping some of you can help with a decision on which excursion would be best in Ketchikan. We are looking at kayaking possibly Orca's Cove or Pennock Paddling with Southeast Kayaks or another kayaking/canoe trip if someone has another company to suggets or taking a Misty Fjords cruise.

I have e-mailed GoldBelt and Allen Marine for more info and haven't heard back from either yet on the Misty Fjords trip. I just noticed that the Goldbelt tour leaves at 7 which is when we arrive in port so that probably won't work. The Allen Marine tour may fit into our schedule.

Anyone have any recommendations, opinions, reviews, or photos of these excursions? My husband wants the kayaking and I'm leaning towards the cruise although kayaking could be fun too. Both are pricey for our tight budget, if anyone has another excursion suggestion I'm open to other ideas. We will be arriving on Sept. 1 and are in port from 7-6 so we have time for a longer excursion. Thanks!

Anyone?

First off you are picking a great ship to do this trip. I thinks it's the best in the fleet.

Now the weather might be a factor with the kayaking. I would pick the Misty trip. You might see some wildlife being you are going in Sept. I went Salmon fishing during my first cruise trip to Alaska in Sept.

We are kayaking Orca's Cove in June in Ketchikan and then being picked up on the water to do a Misty Fjords Flightseeing trip. Southeast Kayaks set the flightseeing up for us as well. We found ways to cut our budget here at home so that we could do both excursions as we didn't want to miss either one. Check out www.kayakketchikan.com

I would be happy to let you know how much we enjoy our day in Ketchikan when we return on June 13th.

Archived