Freedom of the Seas!!

You will be getting on the ship just as my dh and I are getting off. Our travel agent invited us to attend the "travel agent inaugural" cruise starting May 13 through May 15 in Bayonne. Apparently she won an additional cabin in a travel agent promo and she invited us. Needless to say, we are thrilled. Same thing as you said, drinks are free, no tipping, etc. We cannot wait. Apparently the ship is being christened in NY that Friday, May 12 LIVE on the Today Show. From what I understand it will not be leaving NY until sometime Saturday afternoon to head to Bayonne. I don't think we will be able to board until 6:00 p.m. or later. It will be a wonderful experience for us.

Gosh, I'm learning so much about Freedom's days just before and after I board.

cruzlvrs: I'd tell you to tell me everything, but like you said, you'll be disembarking and I'll be checking in. Enjoy your time on her....you'll get more time than I.

zotzer: Noooo, there's the most fabulous mall on the fairgrounds now. It's called the Danbury Fair Mall. So Ridgefield must be down by Greenwich then? I grew up in Westchester. Alas, Westchester is somewhat unaffordable to us ordinary folk, nowadays. The taxes on the house I grew up in are now $22K per year!!! The area is still very beautiful!

Archived