At a minium what do you have to carry around on ship?

Laurba99

I wanted to tell my Mom what she should bring(like a small wallet like what I used in college to hold my ID and key?) When you leave a Celebrity ship do you just need to have your room key and celebrity ID or do you have to have your passport too or license?) Hate to lose either one of those!

Room card and X ID is same thing...so you only need your X Sea Pass (ID/room key) and a picture ID (Drivers license). Youu may want to carry a copy of passport but not original. You may also need sunglasses, reading glasses, towel, and water.

DID I TELL YOU I'M GONNA BE A GRAND-PA??:D :D :D :D

Big congrats, Seabee. I became a grandpa three years ago and I think it's the greatest feeling in the world.

Do your four smilies mean you're becoming the grandpa of quadruplets? :eek:

I wanted to tell my Mom what she should bring(like a small wallet like what I used in college to hold my ID and key?) When you leave a Celebrity ship do you just need to have your room key and celebrity ID or do you have to have your passport too or license?) Hate to lose either one of those!

Aboard the ship, the only thing that you need to carry is your sea pass and if you are on the Zenith, your room key.

When going ashore, according to the daily, you need the above plus photo id (passport or copy and/or drivers license. We also carry our insurance card and at least one credit card just in case of an emergency.

Hi Everyone !

I agree with Lois. If we are talking about ON THE SHIP, all I carry is my Sign & Sail Card.

There is no major reason to carry a Passport with you, on the ship. IMHO, I would not do that. If I was to go off the ship, I always carry a photocopy with me, along with another photo ID, like a Driver's Licence.

The OP's title was completely different from the question they asked. The question asked was "what to carry when you leave the ship" The answer is your sign and sail card and a copy of your passport. Around the ship all you need is your sign and sail card.

The OP's title was completely different from the question they asked. The question asked was "what to carry when you leave the ship" The answer is your sign and sail card and a copy of your passport. Around the ship all you need is your sign and sail card.

oops......I was going to say the same thing!!!..title and message were

2 different things!

ON the ship, all you need is the card...it acts as room key and charge card (and they don't take cash onboard anyway)...

OFF the ship, you need the card as well...you need it to check off and back on...and it acts as your photo ID since the entry system photographs you when you board and then the photo pops onto the security folks' screen when you feed in the card upon reentering...

Aside from the card, when off the ship, I usually just carry my wallet with credit card and some cash...You really don't need anything else...I guess if you're planning on getting into some trouble, maybe you need your passport or ID...but, I've never carried it around with me--fear of getting it stolen...and I figure someone could always retrieve it from the ship...

As to credit cards, always carry a different credit card from what your spouse carries--just in case one of you has your wallet stolen. Credit cards are pretty much accepted most places...but cash often comes in handy, especially when buying things from smaller vendors...or using things like taxis which may not accept credit cards...

Aside from that, carry what ever you need or want: Sunglasses, sunblock, bottled water, chapstick, hairbrush...

ON the ship, all you need is the card...it acts as room key and charge card (and they don't take cash onboard anyway)...

If you are on the Zenith- you also need to carry your key card. Only the Zenith has two cards - a key card which only works for the cabin door and your sign and sail card which only is for charging on the ship.

Ok--I am busted :) I wrote the title and then after I wrote the first sentence which did correspond with my title--I realized that I also wanted to know what to take OFF the ship--Thanks to everyone for all of your great answers!! I was on Millie and my parents will be on her on Sunday so that is great-one card-one key-! :) I will tell them to make copies of their documents-that is a great idea!!

Archived