Best Cruiseline for 3/4 Passenger

LynnTH

We are planning a taking a cruise next year. This will be the first time with our 2 kids (they will be 8 and 5). We are also going with another family and their kids are the same ages as ours. Are some lines better than others in the pricing for the 3rd and 4th passenger in the cabin. Which lines are the best for the lower pricing for the kids. Any info would be great.

Before you book, look at cabin size. I prefer to sail RCI over Carnival, but the cabins on Carnival are larger. Four in a cabin is very cramped, somehow you work it out, but having more floor space helps a lot. You need to figure a bathroom schedule as well.

Disney, although more expensive, is the best for families with children. It's a class act all the way around, the cabins are nicely laid out, split bathrooms so you have 2 potties and 2 sinks in the cabins (unless you are in the smallest cabins).

If you try to go rock bottom with your cabin, you will notice a big difference. It's like being in a walk-in closet for the week. Get, at minimum, an ocean view, better would be a balcony. It's worth the extra $$ to not be crabby with each other all week.

Have fun planning!

Thanks for all the help. I called a TA a few weeks ago wondering about pricing on the new Freedom of the Seas. She gave me pricing (during spring break of 2007) for like $1100 per person (including air) but the 3rd and 4th passenger were only like $50 cheaper. I wasn't sure if the pricing will be adjusted later once the ship is in operation. I know some cruiselines have a much lower fare for 3rd and 4th, so trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason to it or just luck on pricing.

Thanks for all the help. I called a TA a few weeks ago wondering about pricing on the new Freedom of the Seas. She gave me pricing (during spring break of 2007) for like $1100 per person (including air) but the 3rd and 4th passenger were only like $50 cheaper. I wasn't sure if the pricing will be adjusted later once the ship is in operation. I know some cruiselines have a much lower fare for 3rd and 4th, so trying to figure out if there is any rhyme or reason to it or just luck on pricing.

Spring Break and on the Freedom of the Seas? There you go. During more popular times (spring break, summer) the 3rd and 4th passenger fares tend to be less discounted because the ships fill up quickly without discounting. When you add in the fact that the Freedom will be brand new and many of the sailings sold out last year when they opened the bookings, RCCL has no incentives at this point to discount those sailings. Definitely watch though to see if any price breaks occur later on. RCCL will give you any price reductions after you book as long as they aren't for new bookings only, sometimes they will even do this after final payment.

If you're looking at getting a bargain during school vacation breaks, you can forget it. Our May sailing encompasses Memorial Day weekend (which I didn't think was that big a deal), and we are paying only $100 less pp for the third passenger in a cabin ($700 for the third passenger in an INSIDE cabin!). I do know that RCI has a special promotion going on now, but I can guarantee you the $99 rates for third and fourth are during a slow time of the year.

I believe Costa Cruises has some decent pricing for kids...you may want to look into that.

Carnival's Cabins are not largest in the industry. The statement should be qualified that Carnival's are the largest of the mass market lines. If you go with Seabourn, Regent, Silverseas to name a few, you get a MUCH bigger cabin at a much bigger price.

Archived