Beach chairs for rent at Brewer's

amy2313

We just went to Brewers last week. There were lounge chairs for rent there but I couldn't tell you how much they were. We didn't rent one. There is also a small bar and snack area. Very reasonable prices. Had a cheeseburger and chips for $6. It was a beautiful beach and not crowded at all. We took a taxi from the pier for $6. pp. Lovely drive over! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. My husband snorkeled and saw lots of neat, colorful fish. The guy at the bar rented the snorkel gear very cheap.

We just went to Brewers last week. There were lounge chairs for rent there but I couldn't tell you how much they were. We didn't rent one. There is also a small bar and snack area. Very reasonable prices. Had a cheeseburger and chips for $6. It was a beautiful beach and not crowded at all. We took a taxi from the pier for $6. pp. Lovely drive over! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. My husband snorkeled and saw lots of neat, colorful fish. The guy at the bar rented the snorkel gear very cheap.

Thank you so much for the info!!! Was the snrokeling good at Brewer's? was your husband pleased with the amount of fish. Any other info you have about Tortola (how you spent your day, did try the shopping there, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. We've never been there before and trying to make the most of our limited time on the island (only there from 7am - 2pm).

Thanks again!

We were fortunate to have docked, not tendered that day. We went the 2 blocks from the ship to the straw market. It was a blast. We then carried our purchases back to the ship and caught our taxi. They were parked everywhere outside the pier with set prices. You get a small tour of Tortola simply because of where the beaches are located in relation to where the ship docks. My husband was very pleased with the snorkeling and saw a lot of colorful fish. There was a large variety. Anemones were also visible if you moved very slowly. He was snorkeling on the left side by the rocks is you are facing the water. Our taxi driver asked what time we wanted to be picked up and he was there as promised. It was a wonderful, relazing day and definitely a place I could have spent a lot more time than we had. Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...

We too have a brief stay in Tortola, our port time is 8am to 1pm. We are looking into the Dolphin Swim but Brewer's beach is our alternate. How long does it take to get there from the port??? I guess a better question would be - if your ship shows a port time of 8-1 and you have to tender in is there any reason to get off the ship?????

I cannot remember exactly how long it took to get from the Pier to Brewer's, but I am going to say way less than a half hour. Beautiful scenic drive through the hills/mountains, beginning with a ride through town itself. Good way to see part of the island without taking a tour. Definitely worth getting off the ship for. I am guessing your trip to the beach would be less expensive than a dolphin encounter too :D

• 1 month later...

We just got back and we went to Brewer's Beach in Tortola. It was about a 20 minute scenic ride. If you can get more than 2 people for a cab it will cost you $6.00 each way. We had a wonderful friendly driver. Its costs $5.00 to rent Beach Chairs and $10.00 to rent snorkel equipment. The snorkeling was excellent. If you go make sure you have a "Pain Killer", the bartender was very generous.

• 1 month later...
We just got back and we went to Brewer's Beach in Tortola. It was about a 20 minute scenic ride. If you can get more than 2 people for a cab it will cost you $6.00 each way. We had a wonderful friendly driver. Its costs $5.00 to rent Beach Chairs and $10.00 to rent snorkel equipment. The snorkeling was excellent. If you go make sure you have a "Pain Killer", the bartender was very generous.

Pardon what may be a silly question, but are ALL elements of the snorkel outfit available for rent at Brewers, including flippers and vest?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived