Soda Card??

ucsbgirl

I will be on the Pride on May 21st, can anybody tell me how much the soda card costs? My husband and I are HUGE soda drinkers and are curious about the price.

Thanks!!;)

I just got back from the April 1st Sensation cruise it was $31.00 for an adult. It is well worth it.

The price varies by the length of the cruise, and it works out to about $6/day, plus or minus.

Do your own math; if you would normally drink more then $6 of pop a day at their prices, then it's a good deal. My wife will polish off 1-1/2 to 2 2L bottles of diet Coke a day. Carnival loses money on her.

On the Spirit in January there were approximately $49 with cost/tip. It just wasn't worth it to us. Cans of pop were $1.50 or $1.75 and my husband only would drink a max of 2 a day. So it was a great deal cheaper for us just to pay for the ones he wanted.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of
purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cruise       Guests Under 18                Guests Over 18
 Duration       Years of Age                   Years of Age
2-day cruise:   $ 8.00 plus 15% gratuity       $11.00 plus 15% gratuity
3-day cruise:   $12.00   "   "     "           $16.50   "   "     "
4-day cruise:   $16.00   "   "     "           $22.00   "   "     "
5-day cruise:   $20.00   "   "     "           $27.50   "   "     "
6-day cruise:   $24.00   "   "     "           $33.00   "   "     "
7-day cruise:   $28.00   "   "     "           $38.50   "   "     "
8-day cruise:   $32.00   "   "     "           $44.00   "   "     "
12-day cruise:  $48.00   "   "     "           $66.00   "   "     "
15-day cruise:  $60.00   "   "     "           $82.50   "   "     "

The price varies by the length of the cruise, and it works out to about $6/day, plus or minus.

Do your own math; if you would normally drink more then $6 of pop a day at their prices, then it's a good deal. My wife will polish off 1-1/2 to 2 2L bottles of diet Coke a day. Carnival loses money on her.

how about dinner. do you find its hard to get the waiter to serve you after the first one?

We got a soda card first cruise= one soda at dinner and the waiter never came around to give us another.

how about dinner. do you find its hard to get the waiter to serve you after the first one?

We got a soda card first cruise= one soda at dinner and the waiter never came around to give us another.

The first cruise, I think we had that problem -- I honestly don't remember. Our second we notified the drink-chick that my wife would be needing multiple refills on her pop and I'd probably need another glass of wine. Plus, our table mates were Texas beer drinkers who liked giving the drink-chick a semi-serious hard time for not having iced beer glasses. Our table had her attention.

Plus, I think if you slip a five-spot on them the first night they'll pay more attention to you.

We've never had a problem. After we show our fountain cards on the first evening, the bar waiter always stops by the table soon after we're seated to ask if we want Cokes for that dinner. We sometimes will order a cocktail as well, but not every night. This has been the norm on all of Carnival cruises where we've purchased the soda card.

We've never had a problem. After we show our fountain cards on the first evening, the bar waiter always stops by the table soon after we're seated to ask if we want Cokes for that dinner. We sometimes will order a cocktail as well, but not every night. This has been the norm on all of Carnival cruises where we've purchased the soda card.

It sometimes depends on how good your bar waiter is. Our bar waitress, Alena, on the Conquest last week was excellent. After the first night, our soda was always waiting on the table when we arrived at dinner. And she always checked backed to make sure we didn't want a re-fill. Superb service.

Thats the way it should be- I have guessed that since no one at the table was ordering "pay" drinks that is what kept the waitress at bay- there was no money to be made at our table.

And yes we did tip the first night (maybe we should not have)

I purchase the soda card for my 16 year old. It was worth it. Expect he had trouble getting served at the bars. The bartenders ignored him all the time. They served the paying customers first. It was frustrating for him!

Thanks so much for your feedback,

this is our first time on carnival, (2 cruises previously with Princess)

Out of all things, we were most concerend with the price of soda, (we LOVE fountain drinks!)

One of my next cruises are on Princess and I been doing a lot of reading on the Princess Board. Seems the card- sticker on princess is by far the cheapest outof all the cruiselines. Also the cups carnival gives you in no way compares to what Princess does.

On Some ships its all fountain soda in a cup- where on Princess they open a can and give it to you from there.

I'd be curious when you get back to compare the two for me.

Where can you get soda's or any type of drink from? Do you have to go to one of the bars or restaurants everytime you want something to drink? We have only cruised Disney and they have a drink station that you can go to at anytime. Do they not have anytype of self serve or drink machines?

Where can you get soda's or any type of drink from? Do you have to go to one of the bars or restaurants everytime you want something to drink? We have only cruised Disney and they have a drink station that you can go to at anytime. Do they not have anytype of self serve or drink machines?

you have to go to the bars or from a drink waiterto use a soda card. Soda card is NOT good for room service.

Carnival does have drink dispensers that have free Ice Tea, Lemonade and fruitpunch. And juices like apple and orange in the morning.

we always get 1 soda card to cover all of us and it has always worked out just fine. there are plenty of bars real close by so i just hit two or three for all of our sodas and always ask for minimal ice.

how does this work come dinner time?

how does this work come dinner time?

I can only speak for Princess, on our first cruise we had traditional dining, we showed our card (we bought one to share) on the first night, our waiter noticed that we shared the drink and then from there on we had two diet cokes waiting for us each night!

Our second cruise we had personal choice, and showed our card to the waiter each night, as we often had different servers.

We have never had a problem on Princess, so we are curious about the service on Carnival, I have heard different experiences, good and bad, so we're hoping for good!

Archived