Military Discount the next time you book & Other ?'s

vesw01

Can they see from your record that you had the military discount the last time or do you have to submit the paperwork for each cruise.....

When you are traveling with your kids and get 2 cabins - do you only get the military discount on one and then have to wait for the friends and family special for the other one?

How long did it take once you faxed in your DD214 to show up on your record and then you didn't have to worry about it? I faxed mine to the Interline Desk yesterday and spoke to my PVP today and she said fax a copy to her and she would get it directly to her supervisor to approve, but it might take 4-5 days - how would then know then that I faxed it within my 72 hours?

Anyone fax their DD214 in and then have problems with it?

Yes, you will only get the Military discount for the cabin you are staying in, you would have to use the "friends & family special" for the other cabin.

Our TA made a copy of the Military info. so it is always on file.

Carnival probably also kept it with our past guest info. but you may have to remind them to give you the discount.

I didn't know there was a military discount available. Isn't a DD214 your discharge document? So, am I to assume any person who has served in the military is eligible for the discount?

Yes it's the only accpetable form to prove military service. It's not a discharge document, rather a record of service.

How much is the discount? Are they issuing a set percentage against the price of the room selection?

Yes, it is a percentage, so the higher catagory cabin you book, the bigger the discount.

We saved $650 on our room for 2 and $400 for each of our other 2 rooms booked with the friends and family discount.

We had already booked and then found out about the discount so they did a price ajustment.

They only give out a certain percentage of discounts per cruise so you may have to call and see if they still have it available.

hi --- jumping on this thread --- i've sailed several times on my military discount --- when you book directly with carnival the first time you sail under the military discount they keep your info on file --- i'm sure your TA would also keep it on file and notify carnival each time you sail --- here is an advantage in booking directly with carnival (they will give you a discount on several cabins if you book early and there are no restrictions for high season sailings, holidays or etc --- i've got 3 cabins on the spirit in 2008 and 2 cabins on the legend in 2007) not sure what the discount is for each person in every cat. -- but the normal discount i've gotten for a cat8 (balcony) has been $225 to $250 per person --- if you also do a guarantee you can sometimes get bumped up several cat.s --- we are sailing the miracle in a couple weeks and went from a Cat8A guarantee to a Cat8I and we might even get a suite at the pier if they sell our 8I ---you just need an honorable discharge with 2 yrs or more of service --GREAT DEAL-- if you don't have a DD214 i have a link for you to get a free one --- takes about 2-3 weeks and then fax it to carnival or your TA -- when you get your first invoice it will not show the discount -- takes a few days for it to post and then you receive an updated invoice --- but you can usually find out the discounted price from your TA --- i know i always know from my carnival guy --- if any of you want a good rep. at carnival email me and i will give you his name and ext. at carnival --- he is great!!!!!!!! any other ?s post and i will try to answer -- my email is gwooly@tampabay.rr.com

gary

Carnival Military Cruisers

(if not active duty, reserve, guard, retired contact Carnival as to options for veterans if active you should do so as well: compare the rates!)

http://www-p.afsv.af.mil/Travel/Cruises.htm

http://www-p.afsv.af.mil/Travel/Cruises.htm

https://www.aftravelonline.com/startpage.aspx

The above is the U. S. Air Force website. I have not seen anything Army or USN. Of course the Marine and Army can use the serivice they offer.

No every "deal' is a deal and notice they cater to the lower cost staterooms.

AFTravelOnline.com has teamed up with select travel suppliers to bring our military and DOD customers great discounts on cruises and vacation packages. These special offers are available only to active duty, retired military and DOD personnel with ID. Military Exclusives are time-sensitive so act fast and check back often.

Doc

We have used the discount 3 times now and each time I had to fax the DD214 to Carnival, I was told they do not hold the information on your past guest file. I wouldn't worry about your discount not showing after a few days, just make sure your PVP knows it was faxed, it took mine about 6 days to post.

I have only used my military discount with Carnival, and only 2 times, but never did before, but I can't get any discounts from Royal Caribbean, only on select cruises, I hear, but not confirmed.

Carnival has been great with me in the past cruise, after getting the discount I got Upgraded, never before on any of my 8 cruises I done before, since I did not know about the military discounts, but I guess Carnival has made up for what I was not given before.

I could never imaging, getting upgraded from an inside room with the discount, to get a balcony, that is great cruising and is what makes me go back, and on the last cruise, I had 3 inside rooms, and we all got upgraded to ocean view rooms, that is fantastic I'll say, and that was Carnival, and to top it all, the cruise , the food, the shows. everything was great for a change, not like my first Carnival cruise in 2000, but I gave them another try and they are doing fantastic.

Now I'm going on Destiny with a balcony in 9 days and hope is better than before, it can only get better.

Cancunspy At msn.corn

USS NASSAU LHA-4, V-1 Div./ Plank owner. My 1st cruise.

I also just called Carnival to book and have just gotten off another shp and they still need to see the DD214 each time they said- I don't know if it is any sort of percentage- category 8B on line price inc tax for next April is round $1000- military rate incl tax is $794 pp

my PVP at carnival always takes care of my discount each time with out sending in the dd214 (i think it is the great PVP i have :) ) if you would like his name --- my email address is in a previous post this thread

gary

Archived