Cruise without the KIDS!!!!!

funhavn

:D We are flying to Orlando, FL on Thursday the 27 of April to spend a few days in Florida before our cruise on the Sensation. I myself am excited cause I have never been to Florida and the no kids thing too. So my question is: What is there to do if you really dont want to go on rides and such?

Sea World is awesome - especially right before a cruise. Universal is great, with a lot of shows. Islands of Adventure is the place for rides. I've also heard of a lot of folks that enjoyed the Disney Animal Kingdom....

There are also some really fun dinner shows. I've done Medeival times (sp?) a few times - always fun. Knights jousting and sword fighting and such. Good food - you even get a beer wench to come around and pour for you! Little secret - if you ask, they will bring you silverware.

:D We are flying to Orlando, FL on Thursday the 27 of April to spend a few days in Florida before our cruise on the Sensation. I myself am excited cause I have never been to Florida and the no kids thing too. So my question is: What is there to do if you really dont want to go on rides and such?

If you are going to be in Orlando on the 22nd the best thing you can do is Universal for the Mardi Gras! It just happends to be the last weekend of it for the year. They do a Parade and a Live bands. That weekend it's KC and the Sunshine band. There is the link http://www.universalorlando.com/mardigras/

If you want to take the loster edge off pre-cruise, go to the Boston Lobster Feast on International Drive. All you can eat Maine lobster for about $28 per person. My personal record is eight, those darn claws slow me down. Get there early, around 5 pm.

(NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PRE-CRUISE ILLNESS DUE TO LOBSTER FEASTING)

If you want to take the loster edge off pre-cruise, go to the Boston Lobster Feast on International Drive. All you can eat Maine lobster for about $28 per person. My personal record is eight, those darn claws slow me down. Get there early, around 5 pm.

(NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PRE-CRUISE ILLNESS DUE TO LOBSTER FEASTING)

Even though the Lobster tails they have on the cruise ship aren't bad this sounds like a good idea!! I have never had a whole lobster only the tail, so we might have to find this when we are down there. Thanks for the tip.

What is it about rides you want to avoid? If you are thinking of fast, stomach turning roller-coasters and such, there are lots and lots of things at Disney World without that. It's fun even without kids.

There is so much to see and do in the Orlando area that you will have trouble figuring out what to do. Everything from the theme parks to water parks to shows, and it goes on and on.

Two great Disney experiences if rides are not your thing are Epcot and Animal Kingdom, yes they both have rides but they have so much else that you can spend a lot of time in each without getting on a ride.

Go and have fun.

Not sure if this is of interest, but we did an Airboat Ride and loved it. We did it with the kids, but I would go again without them.

I also, 2nd the Universal City Walk. If your into "people watching" this is

a great place to do it.

Epcot Center - Doing the "Mouse" without the mouse (almost).

Love the International pavilions like going on an international pub crawl. (Great fireworks show too).

Doing beers around the world at Epcot would be the perfect way to start a vacation!! It's my favorite thing to do in Orlando :D

Yep, Epcots great! Just try to have a drink in every "country". Any Disney theme parks is wonderful-best time we had is before kids:p DH loved Kennedy Space Center-very cool.We stayed by this funky little place called "old town" in Kissimmee.We loved it! A little bohiemian,closed off from traffic.Sometimes its just best to have a car and "wing-it"

Hi Fun,

There's something for everyone in Orlando -- outside of the theme parks -- but without knowing what your interests are, it's hard to give recommendations. I recommend you start with a web page such as this one that includes an event calendar that you can search by date and interests:

http://cityguide.aol.com/orlando/

There is world-class shopping in Orlando with the Mall of Millenia plus the best outlet shopping (spread over various locations).

The Annual Flower & Garden Festival will be going on at Epcot the weekend your're here, and I recommend that if you're into that kind of thing.

Good luck, have fun, and have a great cruise!

Went to Orlando for a convention a couple of summers ago. Epcot was wonderful. We really enjoyed it, except for the heat... but we didn't get to pick when we would be there. We also enjoyed Boston Lobster Feast because someone here suggested it. We had about 25 of us and we took up the back room. It was a riot!! I was doing pretty well until I broke into one of the females with roe in it. Ughhhhhh Other than that - it was a great time had by all.

funhavn:

About the lobster:

International Drive is a well known area, it will be easy to find. There are a few other locations for Boston Lobster Feast, as well as a few other lobster places, but they have not been as good as this one. The are a lot of little coupon books in the area, and some have "early bird" discounts for BLF, which offer a few dollars off as well as a free drink (beer, wine, soda) per person.

We have been here half a dozen times at least, as well as Captain Nemos (gross), Angels (gross) and BLF on Hwy 192 (bad).

If you have a car/don't mind a little drive/and love sushi, the place to go would be CRAZYBUFFET off I-4 at exit 92

Archived