one of party backing out

BUGBUG62

What is the policy on one person in a 4 cabin room backing out. We are 37 days for departure. We told them they would not get much if any money back. Can we change the papers to another person? How much on canival? What if we decide not to ask anyone and just not say anything????:confused: I really hate people who can't stick to things:mad:

Usually 37 days out, you don't get ANY money back. Is this person listed as

1st or 2nd passenger, or 3rd or 4th passenger? I agree with you, unless there is a medical emergency, I'd be upset too. As for asking someone else and not mentioning it, that won't work--the names on the cabin and id/passport must match for security reasons. If you're going to get someone else to go, I'd contact the cruise line, but frankly the person who backed out should be responsible for the payment. Just think, 3 in a cabin is less crowded than 4:)

On Carnival, cancelling at 37 days out only results in loss of the deposit, not the entire fare. So the remaining 3 of you could have proportionally higher costs, assuming you all agreed to split the costs equally, unless you substitue another person.

Yes, you can substitute someone else and change the names for a $50 change fee.

I don't know what line you are cruising with but, you can do a name change on the paperwork, there is a fee of about $50, if the cruise line does not have enought time to get the paperwork to you before you leave, they will have it ready at the ship when you are checking in and yes, atleast Carnivals policy is you can get the money back less $250 dep. but it takes awhile.

this happened to me last year. We had four in a cabin and one backed out about two months before the cruise. Our travel agent changed the name to someone else at no charge. However, this person did lose out on their non-refundable airfare. Airlines, I found out, will not let you change names! That person got an airline credit good for a year.

Archived