Holland America or Princess or Royal Caribbean

jamcon

We are booked for a 12 day Europe cruise with Holland America in September 2006 to include a 3 day pre-cruise package. We have cruised with Holland America three times previously and really liked the class of the ship, the food, the cabin, etc. We sailed NCL last year and found it was a lower calibre in all areas - still nice but not quite up to par with HAL. We have run into a few booking problems with Holland America and are actually considering cancelling as we are not happy with the customer service. Of course, the service of the reservations desk does not reflect the service on the ship which is where it counts. Just having a hard time forking over the dough to a company that really doesn't seem to care.

Does anyone know how Princess and/or Royal Caribbean compare to the class of Holland America or what line would be elite in that way?

I love Holland America food. Service awesome. My favorite line.

Celebrity food very good. Service very good. I will sail them again.

Princess food good to very good. Service good. I will sail them again

Royal Caribbean food is fair. Very good service. Might sail them again, but it would have to be a short cruise.

NCL is unedible. Never again will I sail on this line. Service, what service?

Just my humble opinion. No flames please.

Jill

How would you compare HAL and Celebrity. Quite a few people have said that Celebrity is a step or two above HAL. You seem to like HAL the best --- as we normally have. Why?

We have run into a few booking problems with Holland America and are actually considering cancelling as we are not happy with the customer service. Of course, the service of the reservations desk does not reflect the service on the ship which is where it counts. Just having a hard time forking over the dough to a company that really doesn't seem to care.

I'm sorry, but you will find the same problem with any of the cruiselines. From my own experinces and from those of fellow cruisers on these boards you will find that the cruiseline customer service sucks. I can't say it anyother way. It just sucks.

How would you compare HAL and Celebrity. Quite a few people have said that Celebrity is a step or two above HAL. You seem to like HAL the best --- as we normally have. Why?

I'd say one of the biggest reasons is the food. I love their food. It is seasoned perfectly to my taste buds. Next is the service.

I like the food on Celebrity, but I feel Hal is a step above. The service on both is comparable, but I had a problem on Celebrity once that I'm still trying to get over. I booked the Mercury to give them another chance. I guess all cruise lines have a bad day once in a while.

Just my humble opinion. :D

Jill

We took the 12 day Celebrity Millennium cruise, Sept. 30, 2004; we had cruised the Holland America Zandam in Alaska. In our opinion, both the service and food on the Millennium were superior.Since the ship sailed from Barcelona to Venice, we were able to visit more ports.

I love Holland America food. Service awesome. My favorite line.

Celebrity food very good. Service very good. I will sail them again.

Princess food good to very good. Service good. I will sail them again

Royal Caribbean food is fair. Very good service. Might sail them again, but it would have to be a short cruise.

NCL is unedible. Never again will I sail on this line. Service, what service?

Just my humble opinion. No flames please.

Jill

I agree with you Jill (except for NCL-only because I have not cruised them-so I have no experience) so no flames from me.

It is such a matter of personal preference and maybe even a one time bad/or good experience.

We love the "M" class ships of Celebrity.

Excellent service, beautiful ship. IMHO the best dining room food. Also very much love the food in the spa cafe, evening sushi

Spend hours daily in the Thallo pool. Very relaxing, not to mention great conversations.

I love the little touches. Staff always smiling, champagne welcome, iced towels when re-boarding after a hot day, homemade sherbet passed on silver trays every afternoon poolside,at lunch buffet-waiters carry your cloth lined dinner tray to the table.

Lots of special touches for this mom of four( who appreciates every moment of it )

Enjoy your cruise

Nadine

Archived