The BEST RUM from every isle!

Jamaica - JB Trelawney Blend Overproof - Appleton is good for mixing, get the gold.

Haiti - Barbancourt aged 15 years - try the hibiscus liquor, too. AMAZING sipping liquor.

Bahamas - Don Lorenzo. The mango rum makes an excellent mango daquari, I haven't had a BAD rum in the Bahamas.

Grand Cayman - Big Black Dick, I know the name sounds odd, but the rum is incredible. Probably some of the smoothest, especially in a drink.

Cozumel - I don't know, when in Mexico, drink tequila.

Belize - I only had Belekin beer.

Recite this mantra every day:

1 of sour

2 of sweet

3 of strong

4 of weak

(the recipe for a Planter's Punch as served BEFORE the major Caribbean tourist boom. Sour = Lime juice, sweet = sugar syrup, strong = rum, weak = ice or water)

USVI - Cruzan Single Barrel Estate

Cayman Islands - Tortuga Gold

Belize - Belize Travellers' 1 Barrel

Haiti - Rhum Barbancourt Estate Reserve 15 year

I'll have to check the rum cabinet for more, these were on the top of my head...

OK, I know there's people out there who know... so, what is your favorite/the best rum from each Caribbean isle?

Personally, I'm fond of Sint Maarten Guavaberry Spiced.

Hate to bust your bubble,there is no sugar cane fields or distillery on ST. Maarten/St.Martin. ALL the so-called island rums are from where else. Last trip checked some rum at pier it was called Saint Martin Rum, checked label made and bottled in Kentucky USA anything for the tourist dollar

I am not a Rum drinker but in Jamaica they sell 150 proof appleton rum.

Don't recall seeing any other island with Rum that strong

Bacardi also makes a 151 proof rum. It's not the best tasting stuff but it certainly makes you feel good :D

Just don't try to take the 151 rum back on the airplane it isn' allowed due to fire hazards. In P.R. at the Barcardi distilary they have a rum that can only be bought at the distillary, nowhere else. It is called Reserva Limit ADA. It is a numbered bottle and a blend of rums up to 12 years old. It is costly in my opinion. $50 per bottle and that was 2 years ago. We asked about the 1812 for a friend but was told they didn't make it anymore.

Hi, Valentine's Mom!! We were on the MOS together! :) We are in the process of getting a reunion cruise together in the fall of 2007 on AOS to Southern Caribbean. If you are interested, go the MOS M&M- that's where we are posting until the dates and prices for AOS are out. Look forward to "seeing" you there!

Martha

When stopping in Sint Maarten, you've gotta try Guavaberry... All sorts of local flavored rum and liquor... And they don't hold back on the samples... Just give "momma" a big hug and kiss for me.

My Favorite rum would have to be, Cockspur from Barbados. I don't find it a lot where I live. On 1st cruise we were pulling into Barbados and the advertising sign I saw was Cockspurs. Unfortunatly I couldn't find any. So I went for # 2 fav. Mount Gay. These aren't the fancy sipping rums but they beat Bacardis. Appleton is also very good.

DW's Grandmother passed away in mid 80's. So we go down to split up the house. No one wanted her Appleton 151 proof rum, so I said I'll take it. She bought it in the 70's while in Jamacia. We just finished it in about '03. Man was it smooth.

Hmmm, Rum & coke sounds good right about now, I wonder why? LOL

Archived