Century or Brilliance of the Seas Transatlantic?

C 2 C

Has anyone sailed on Brilliance and Century. We are planning to sail Century in October but Brilliance crosses for the same price from Barcelona to Miami... starting at $799 for an inside in November.

There are differences in levels of service and quality of food, loyalty perks: Elite VS Diamond, entertainment and activities to consider. I would love to get your comments.

Hi Arno,

We were with you on the fall 2004 Hawaii cruise. I know how much you love trivia! I have never been on Brilliance, but I was on Radiance and just recently - Navigator OTS. As you can see by my signature, I am an X fan, and I do recommend doing the Century instead of Brilliance. There are a lot of activities on the RCCL ships, but - most importantly - the trivia is pretty non-existant.

Radiance is a beautiful ship and I imagine the Brilliance will be just as great. I have only been on Millie for a transatlantic (by the way, you could come with us in November on Millie's TA), and you do need something to entertain you on the sea days.

The price is really great on Brilliance though. When you go on a lot of cruises a year, you need to keep the prices low. Our 16 night Millie TA has inside cabins at $1750 (a lot more than $799).

I have experienced the Diamond service on Navigator and they do have some nice ones in a little coupon book, but a lot of them I couldn't use. There is no invitation to the captain's table.

And you should also consider that Century is going to be "new and improved" after dry-dock. If I were you, I'd stay on Century (then go back over to Barcelona in November and go on Millie with us). :)

That's a tough call. I've been on both.

Diamond wins over Elite.

Dining room food - Celebrity

Specialty restaurants - I'd have to give to Brilliance at this point

O/w air in Nov is cheaper (at least from my gateway)

Enclosed pool area on Brilliance

Being Elite doesn't guarantee you an invitation to the Captain's table.. or any other table for that matter.

Uh oh...l don't know. But then I've spent the last two hours trying to decide what to do next.. and can't make up my mind either.

I've been on both and I would go with the better itinerary. If the itinerary is not an issue I would go with the Brilliance as there is just more to do on RCI ships. I get bored pretty easily so I would be looking for something to do on all those consecutive sea days and I think there would be more to do on Brilliance. Brilliance is also a nicer ship with two great specialty restaurants and more amenities in general. I find this preferable over the slightly better service and food on Century.

Has anyone sailed on Brilliance and Century. We are planning to sail Century in October but Brilliance crosses for the same price from Barcelona to Miami... starting at $799 for an inside in November.

There are differences in levels of service and quality of food, loyalty perks: Elite VS Diamond, entertainment and activities to consider. I would love to get your comments.

Hi C 2 C !

Personally, I dont feel you can make a mistake with either ship. However, If you love the extra Celebrity touches, and how their service and food is much better than RCI (IMHO), then I would pick Century over Brilliance. It is a tough call, but keeping in mind that Century will be like new, I would go for Century.

Let us know what you choose, and enjoy your Cruise !

Arno ~ been on both and they are two of our favorite ships. With Century's new "look" she'd be great to try. Although after our Zenith experience last month, I might be swayed to go back to Brilliance....one of our all time best cruises, and the ship and her staff had a lot to do with that.

It's a tough call. Knowing you, you'll have a great time on either.

OH....and I have to tell you that the new community we just moved into has a "trivia" night once a month. Thought of you right away. :)

Good luck with the decision!

~Anne

OH....and I have to tell you that the new community we just moved into has a "trivia" night once a month. Thought of you right away. :)

Let me know if you ever need a ringer...

Hate having to make a decision between two great choices.

The price is really great on Brilliance though. When you go on a lot of cruises a year, you need to keep the prices low. Our 16 night Millie TA has inside cabins at $1750 (a lot more than $799)

We were originally booked to sail B2B Venice to Barcelona to Florida..but the price is too high for an obsessive cruiser.

I was thinking of going back to sail Galaxy for another crossing in Dec.. but I'm on Galaxy next month and by all accounts the lady is getting old. I'll be able to compare Voyager and Galaxy as a baseline for my next crossing decision.

Hi!

We sailed on the Century last May on the transatlantic cruise and it was wonderful.

The food was to die for...and the lobster I had was the best I had ever eaten.

On that cruise, the itinerary was splendid..many ports interspersed with relaxing sea days.

Especially great was the Cruise director and his staff...we are trivia buffs and the games were well run and a lot of fun. We came home with a suitcase full of prizes.

That was our first cruise with Celebrity; most of the other 20 we have been on were with Holland America.

We were so impressed with the service, room and ship that we are leaving next Sunday, April 23, on The Summit to Hawaii.

Happy Sailing,

Carol Ann Westbrook

Brantford, Ontario

Archived