Cabins at the Front/Rear of the Ship

sealover408

I'm sailing on the Carnival Destiny. Can anyone tell me from experience if I should avoid cabins at the rear/front of the ship. From deck plans they seem to be more spacious and perhaps have a private deck,:confused: :confused:

I've cruised Conquest and Valor. On Valor we booked guarantee and received the 3rd room from the front on the bottom floor. Everything worked out great. I had to think where we were on the ship to remember that we were in the front.

If you don't have any tendencies towards motion sickness, those cabins should be OK.

My husband often find the public areas at either end of the ship to be queasy making, so we're not able to take one of them.

I've sailed both - all the way forward and my first aft balcony on the Victory in December.

I have tendencies towards seasickness, but experienced no problems. My preference is towards the aft because you are typically near the restaurants and lounges in the rear of the ship. And, as you mentioned, the cabins were larger in both locations.

Happy sails! :)

Not all far-forward cabins have balconies (I guess that's what you mean by private deck?) It will be according to what category you book.

I've had porthole cabins and enjoyed being in them. Not much more motion than I've felt in midship cabins, but some. I've had E1 on Sensation and M6 on Holiday. I book these specific cabins, and yes it's a long walk to the dining room....however, walking is how I keep from gaining weight on a cruise.LOL

The balconies on the front of the ship are not private. That is what I don't like about the front rooms, I would not like people looking in my window and would keep it shut which defeats the purpose.

Those are oceanview cabins across the front of the Destiny. The area in front is not private and any one can use that area. The oceanviews there are obstructed. People canlook into your window BUT the windows are coated that the people think they are looking into a mirror (and you can see that..lol

--

some cabins located here have two twin beds that can not be put together at all. Lookfor the * inside the cabin on the deck plan that denotes that.

The balconies on the front of the ship are not private. That is what I don't like about the front rooms, I would not like people looking in my window and would keep it shut which defeats the purpose.

How about the suites located near the front on the Glory/Conquest class?

Is there no privacy there?

How about the suites located near the front on the Glory/Conquest class?

Is there no privacy there?

There are no suites at the very front, but you would be able to see the first couple or so from the public deck on top of the bridge overhang.

The suites 9206 and 9205 have smaller balconies then a regular size cat 11. and people going out on the deck- if they come to that edge can look into your balcony. BUT you will have that on any balcony--the people next door can look around the corner and look in.

Although the deck is public it is rare that people venture out there.

#1. most cruisers are not aware you can go out there coz you cant see the doors from the hall.

#2 people on a ship dont go where they dont have to.

The suites 9206 and 9205 have smaller balconies then a regular size cat 11. and people going out on the deck- if they come to that edge can look into your balcony. BUT you will have that on any balcony--the people next door can look around the corner and look in.

Although the deck is public it is rare that people venture out there.

#1. most cruisers are not aware you can go out there coz you cant see the doors from the hall.

#2 people on a ship dont go where they dont have to.

That was not true for us. We had 1003 and 1005 on the Triumph, panoramic deck. Lots of drunks coming up to the public deck at 3 in the morning pretending they were Leo and Kate from the titanic screaming "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD". Had to call security at least 4 nights.

Also, my in laws never felt comfortable keeping their drapes opened. It just wasn't pleasant for them

We had rooms 1006 and 1014 on the Liberty and everything was great. These are the first and third cabins at the front of the ship. We had no problems with lots of people on the front deck or others looking around at us. We would book these cabins again in a heart beat. I liked being so close to the pool, dining on the Lido, and just a few short steps from the front of the ship for great viewing when pulling into port or leaving. The OP is right that these cabins can be windy but it was not a deterrent for us. We still sat out there and enjoyed the scenery. We did not notice any more movement except if we hit a rough area of seas.

We were on the DESTINY in March, 2006 & had cabin 7325...an aft with a wrap-around balcony. We LOVED it!!! This was our first aft cabin...loved it so much we booked another aft on the Legend as soon as we got home. For us (this particular cruise, particular seas at this time) we felt a little movement but not enough to bother us in the least...actually I have felt more at other places on other ships.

It was some wind from the side of the balcony but perfect (little wind) on the aft portion. Loved the space (elbow room) on the balcony also.

For us, it was a winner!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

I booked a last minute cruise on the TRIUMPH a couple years ago.

a category 1A was the only thing they had available, so I grabbed it. My cabin# was TBA, so I would find out where I was to live for the week once I checked in.

I was assigned to cabin #1201, right up in the point of the ship (as far forward as you can get!), and on the Riviera deck. The cabin was a very odd shape, but at the same time, was also very "functional" It was a triangular-shaped room, with bunk beds. I chose to sleep in the bottom bunk all week to avoid having to climb the ever-dreaded ladder at the end of some VERY fun-filled days.

I remember being in route to our next port of call during the night, and hearing the ship cutting through the water. Being on the Riviera deck, and at water level, this sound was very apparent throughout the night. Although it was not something that would keep me awake, I actually found it rather soothing & relaxing. I did, however notice quite a bit more "up & down" motion being that far forward, which I didn't care for. And, yes it's a bit of a "hike" getting to & from the dining room, but as mentioned above, is a good source of burning up all those extra calories we all seem to consume while on a funship vacation.

In my opinion, the only cabins I would avoid again are the ones located directly below a nightclub, or diectly below the pool, as there tends to be a LOT of noice both very early in the morning, and very late at night.

IHope you find this advice helpful.

Chic

Suncoastgirl

We have 1006 and 1014 booked on the Valor. Like the Liberty, they are under the gym/spa. Any problems in the cabins with noise from above?

Thanks

someone just had these cabins- checkout the cabin selectionboards.

they posted no problems what so ever.

These cabins are more under the sauna steam room thenthe gym itself.

You asked about the cabin size: it was wonderful....a bit bigger than cat 8's we've had previously. It reminded me of a 'fan-shape', with the bed angled in the room differently (not up against the wall). I liked the layout as it was a little different - kinda made the room appear larger than it probably was.

Also there was plenty of room for everything.....we put all our luggage under the bed; had plenty of closet & drawer space. Bathroom was normal size but it also had plenty of cabinet room. Also the hair dryer was awesome! I never unpacked mine that I brought.

Again, we loved this room....would book it again in a heartbeat. In fact we'll do this itinerary again one day & we will definately book an aft wrap-around again.

Enjoy your cabin, balcony & your cruise!!

I just booked the cabin # 9205 on the Victory. The balcony looks like it is a wrap around at the front of the ship, but someone said that this balcony is smaller than the regular cat 11. Is that true. Have I made a big mistake?

I booked a last minute cruise on the TRIUMPH a couple years ago.

a category 1A was the only thing they had available, so I grabbed it. My cabin# was TBA, so I would find out where I was to live for the week once I checked in.

I was assigned to cabin #1201, right up in the point of the ship (as far forward as you can get!), and on the Riviera deck. The cabin was a very odd shape, but at the same time, was also very "functional" It was a triangular-shaped room, with bunk beds. I chose to sleep in the bottom bunk all week to avoid having to climb the ever-dreaded ladder at the end of some VERY fun-filled days.

I remember being in route to our next port of call during the night, and hearing the ship cutting through the water. Being on the Riviera deck, and at water level, this sound was very apparent throughout the night. Although it was not something that would keep me awake, I actually found it rather soothing & relaxing. I did, however notice quite a bit more "up & down" motion being that far forward, which I didn't care for. And, yes it's a bit of a "hike" getting to & from the dining room, but as mentioned above, is a good source of burning up all those extra calories we all seem to consume while on a funship vacation.

In my opinion, the only cabins I would avoid again are the ones located directly below a nightclub, or diectly below the pool, as there tends to be a LOT of noice both very early in the morning, and very late at night.

IHope you find this advice helpful.

Chic

To get another opinion on this, would you say cabins under the stage, showroom, or in under neath past the stage are noisy and vibrating cabins?

Thanks

Bobinva, sorry I have not been to this thread in a couple of days. No, there was no problem with the gym above us. Serene56 is correct that it is mostly the spa and sauna directly above you. My DH used the gym alot in the morning but said there were never very many people in there until around 8:30. I like to sleep in while he works out and never heard a thing on the entire 8 day cruise. Have a great time and enjoy your cruise. Wish we were sailing again soon. Maybe in Sept.???

Archived