I'm back from NYC

"New York, New York, a H_ll of a town, the Bronx is up and the Batteries down, New York, New York, a H_ll of Town!!!!"

LOL!!! NOT Batteries!!! BATTERY'S. As in the Battery, like the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Has nothing to do with batteries! Okay, you're not a native, you wouldn't know that.:)

The Bronx is north (up) of Manhattan and the Battery is south. (down)

The song is written by the very famous song writing team of Betty Comden and Adolph Green in the 1940's for the Broadway musical "On the Town". The music is by Leonard Bernstein.

LOL!!! NOT Batteries!!! BATTERY'S. As in the Battery, like the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Has nothing to do with batteries! Okay, you're not a native, you wouldn't know that.:)

The Bronx is north (up) of Manhattan and the Battery is south. (down)

The song is written by the very famous song writing team of Betty Comden and Adolph Green in the 1940's for the Broadway musical "On the Town". The music is by Leonard Bernstein.

Yep I guess that would confuse non natives. But you know Charleston, SC has what is called "The battery" also-so some non natives may would get it.

Mrs. Moose-my mom will soon be dead 8 years-but thanks for the condolances anyway-( I do still miss her very much)-my point was that all women should go to a cardiliogist every so often and have that stress test done. An EKG- at your family DR's- only picks up a recent heartattack - is just not thoruough enough- my mother thought that was all she needed for having her heart checked.

"New York, New York, a H_ll of a town, the Bronx is up and the Batteries down, New York, New York, a H_ll of Town!!!!"

Now who wrote those lyrics, was is early Steven Sondhiem???

Well anyway sound like a wonderful trip to New York. So glad you had a great time.

I've only been to New York one time, about 20 years ago when I went for a long weekend to visit my friend who went to college in Terry Town. We went into the big city for one day and saw as much as we could on a college student budget.

Thank you Cruise A, yes it was, it's "going home" for me, and I'm always surprised by the changes that occur there. I think after 20 years you'd be surprised at all the changes that occured.

Hopefully you'll make it back one day if you want to

Yep I guess that would confuse non natives. But you know Charleston, SC has what is called "The battery" also-so some non natives may would get it.

Mrs. Moose-my mom will soon be dead 8 years-but thanks for the condolances anyway-( I do still miss her very much)-my point was that all women should go to a cardiliogist every so often and have that stress test done. An EKG- at your family DR's- only picks up a recent heartattack - is just not thoruough enough- my mother thought that was all she needed for having her heart checked.

I agree with you about a visit to a cardiologist, no arguments. It doesn't matter how long ago, she was your mom, you loved her and I'm sure you still miss her very much, I'm sorry that it happened and for your loss.

Mrs Moose:

I apologize that I lost your email address and stopped corresponding!

It sounds like your trip to NYC was great! I am planning to take my 18 year old neice there before she starts college in the fall. We have always stayed at the Plaza in the past, so I guess we will be looking for a new place to stay this time-any suggestions? I loves the location of the Plaza-if only I could stay inside Bergdorfs-hee hee

I am glad that your heart checked out ok-what a big relief for you!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Don't worry about it it happens, we can always start again sometime when you have time.

Suggestions well depends on how much you want to pay. The new Four Seasons looks fantastic although I hear the rooms are going for about $1000 - $1200/night, had a drink there a couple of times and I've always loved the Four Seasons as a hotel goes. Don't dispair, the Plaza will reopen with a small hotel attached run by Fairmont I think so you will get to stay there soon. and it's not far from the old plaza.

there is the Penninsula, St. Regis, Omini Berkshire, The Ritz Carlton, The Essex House all in the vacinity of the old Plaza and of course the Waldorf. My fav hotel is closing the end of the month The Drake Swissotel on 56th and Park or I would have recommended that one.

Check with the Fairmont Hotel chain, I don't know when they are scheduled to reopen the Plaza, as I said a lot smaller but you would still be at the same hotel.

Maybe Jane will have other ideas.

Nice to hear from you and thank you for the good wishes.

Hi Nancy, no problem I hope you have a fantastic trip.

Enjoy NYC, I know what you mean about Bergdorfs, I love that store myself along with a few others, lol.

I would make one suggestion if she is into the "fashion scene" and all that stuff, take her for lunch to Fred's at Barneys. I've gone a few times, and it's great, my opinion of a "fashion frenzy" so to speak. Not a cheap lunch but a fashion scene.

Archived