Just off the Navigator 4/8--4/15

Kids everywhere,..:(. I asked a guy at the persurs desk if he knew how many and all he said was under the age of 18 were right at 50% The whole experience wasn't my cup of Tea.

That's what I figured. I have children but would still would rather stay clear of that. Thanks for your repsonse.

Kids everywhere,..:(. I asked a guy at the persurs desk if he knew how many and all he said was under the age of 18 were right at 50% The whole experience wasn't my cup of Tea.

My sister just got back from this same cruise and she said the concierge told them there were approximately 1200 kids and a group of 800 from mexico. I asked her if it was an issue with that many kids and she said not at all she had a blast but she could see how it would have been an issue for an older couple that wanted to do nothing but relax.

I was on this cruise too... as previous posters mentioned, there were a lot of kids.... Anyone else notice the somewhat rough seas!?! We saw some lady fall over onto the floor the last night in the Windjammer....

Site41

My sister just got back from this same cruise and she said the concierge told them there were approximately 1200 kids and a group of 800 from mexico. I asked her if it was an issue with that many kids and she said not at all she had a blast but she could see how it would have been an issue for an older couple that wanted to do nothing but relax.

There were about 1200 kids, and another 1000 teens,lol It was actually 800 people from Spain and they had lots of kids. It wasn't just an issue for older folks it was an issue for any adult that didn't want the hassle of all those kids. I've cruised and had a blast and cruised and couldn't wait to get off da boat. This one was real close to being the latter.

I was on this cruise too... as previous posters mentioned, there were a lot of kids.... Anyone else notice the somewhat rough seas!?! We saw some lady fall over onto the floor the last night in the Windjammer....

Site41

Yes, she has cruised many times and she specifically noted that the last day at sea was as rough as she remembered.

I like the way you posted this. ;)

1. Are you able to tell me the dress code for the 7 nights?

2. Did many of the men wear a tux for formal night or were there a lot

more suits?

I know I am going to think of more questions. :D

I too just got of the Navigator. My husband and I had the time of our lives.:D This was our first cruise. There were a lot of kids but they didn't seem to bother either one of us. The occasional running down the hall but other than that I thought they were all well behaved.

The ship is just beautiful. We were in awe at her size.

Most men wore suits and most women wore dresses, very few long.

We ate in the dining room only once the first night. Didn't like our table mates. Very snooty.

If anybody out there likes to have a drink, go to the sky bar above the pool. Bartenders Armondo and Roger are fantastic. My husband and I had so much fun with them. They were so funny and were very generous with the alcohol. They got my husband drunk on more than one occasion with their long island teas.;) My husband called it jet fuel. We gave them good tips and the last couple of days on the ship we didn't pay for any drinks.

And, yes, the last couple of days, the ship did rock quite a bit. Actually, I felt movement all week but that doesn't bother me. I actually slept better than I have in years with the slight rocking.

I highly recommend the Quest game. That was one of the highlights of the cruise. We laughed so hard. It's amazing how fast I can unhook my bra and take it off from underneath my shirt and throw it to my team captain.:D Cruise director Graham is awesome.

I like the way you posted this. ;)

1. Are you able to tell me the dress code for the 7 nights?

2. Did many of the men wear a tux for formal night or were there a lot

more suits?

I know I am going to think of more questions. :D

We had early seating and alot of guys wore Tux's. Everyone at our table, but we were all traveling together so knew what each other would wear. Dress to the 9's if you like. You won't feel out of placen not like the jerks we saw wearing shorts in the dining room even on formal night...:) One night we saw teenage girls with bathing suits and wraps at dinner time. Cruisin ain't what it used to be...:(

Site41

First time on RC and first time sailing the eastern caribbean. Were the seas rough the entire time?

We had early seating and alot of guys wore Tux's. Everyone at our table, but we were all traveling together so knew what each other would wear. Dress to the 9's if you like. You won't feel out of placen not like the jerks we saw wearing shorts in the dining room even on formal night...:) One night we saw teenage girls with bathing suits and wraps at dinner time. Cruisin ain't what it used to be...:(

We do dress to the 9's. I don't know yet about the tux for my husband. He wants to do the dark suit this time out.

wearing shorts in the dining room even on formal night.

I saw the shorts, T shirt and backwards baseball hats on the Brilliance more than once at dinner.

we saw teenage girls with bathing suits and wraps at dinner time.

RCCL is really slipping on what they allow now on formal nights.:mad:

Will it ruin my cruise? Never! ;)

Will it ruin my dinner? Never! ;)

My husband and I will be on the Navigator (Eastern) this summer. If you don't mind, please answer the following...

1. What excursions did you do? Would you recommend them?

2. Which nights were the formal nights?

3. Did you eat at either Portofino or Chops? If so, which nights?

4. Did you attend the Ice Show? If so, how do you get tickets?

I will probably think of other questions. This is just our second cruise...first on Voyager class. We are extremely excited!!:)

Thank you in advance for your help!!

We were on the same cruise with our two children. There were a lot of kids on board. All of us noticed how many of them were allowed to "run wild" on the ship, i.e. laying on the stairs, running down the halls, being loud and obnoxious. I blame the parents who think that just because it is a ship that they can can let them run free. We had a great time otherwise on the ship. It is truly a wonder. The service was outstanding I would think twice about cruising again during Easter break though.

My husband and I will be on the Navigator (Eastern) this summer. If you don't mind, please answer the following...

1. What excursions did you do? Would you recommend them?

2. Which nights were the formal nights?

3. Did you eat at either Portofino or Chops? If so, which nights?

4. Did you attend the Ice Show? If so, how do you get tickets?

I will probably think of other questions. This is just our second cruise...first on Voyager class. We are extremely excited!!:)

Thank you in advance for your help!!

1. I have been to the Carib so many times I quit doing excursions long ago. Sorry I can't help you out. But I will say that many of the excursions you can purchace on you own and save lots of money. Until you feel comfortable doing it I 'd stick with the ship tours.

2. Sunday night and Thursday night

3 Both thats where the good food is..:) Mon. night and Wed. night

4. Didn't do the show sorry

acttx when are you sailing this summer? We will be on the Navigator July 1st-8th. There will be 5 of us, my DH, my DD, my male friend and his DD. Hope you're sailing with us as there haven't been many people on our message board for the amount that should be on the cruise. So if you are on our sailing go to the Navigator message board and we have a threat set up for the July 1 sailing and start chattting with us.

Sue

acttx when are you sailing this summer? We will be on the Navigator July 1st-8th. There will be 5 of us, my DH, my DD, my male friend and his DD. Hope you're sailing with us as there haven't been many people on our message board for the amount that should be on the cruise. So if you are on our sailing go to the Navigator message board and we have a threat set up for the July 1 sailing and start chattting with us.

Sue

Great!we are sailing on the Navigator on july 1-8 ,myself,DW and 3darling daughters!We will be celebrating my 40th bday!Let me know where the thread is and i would love to join you!

john

Did you go to the piano bar? Who was the piano player? Was it fun (or geared for older people)?

Didn't do the piano bar. There are so many bars you will finds something thats suits you. When we were in our small group we hung out at the champagne bar. When I was by myself I spent alot of time at the British Pub. Lots of fun going on there every night. They had a guitar player playing all sorts of music with lots of group sing alongs.

The Dungeon didn't do it for me. Too much disco and not enough good ole fashioned "Rock & Roll"

Archived