Captain G-A Back On The Legend

PeaSea8ch

To fans of Captain Geir-Arne Thue-Nilsen, he is back onboard the Legend and has posted pictures to his website: http://www.captain-ga.com you may have to cut and paste this link into your browser to get it to work.

He mentions having difficulty with his website server. :eek: I hope any satellite connection issues have been resolved.

Enjoy the landlocked, armchair sailings! :)

I can watch the photo's loud and clear! So no difficulties from my point of view. Wishing to be there and I most certainly will, over and over again!

Is the captain going to be there until August? I hope so. In the mean time I will have to do with the wonderful pictures!

Blackbird, yes, there are two Captain's for each ship. They alternate every few months..... As Captain Leif Rodahl will be retiring this summer, we don't know who his replacement will be. I don't know who makes these decisions. Someone on Blue Lagoon, no doubt.

MB

As Captain Leif Rodahl will be retiring this summer, we don't know who his replacement will be. I don't know who makes these decisions. Someone on Blue Lagoon, no doubt.

Martita, I had the pleasure of sailing with Capt. Rodahl my last two cruises on Vistafjord before I became addicted to Seabourn! I wish him well in his much-deserved retirement! :) :)

I knew captain Rodahl was retiring soon, but not exactly when! It is a pity I won't be able to sail with him again, because he and I sometimes joined for a drink before dinner in the Club and I danced with him as well. He was (and no doubt still is) so much fun! And I hope he will enjoy the rest of his life as much as he seemed to enjoy sailing on the Pride. I wouldn't mind a certain staffcaptain to be his successor!

And to captain Rodahl I would like to say: A big hug, but remember: "Wie zijn billen brandt moet op de blaren zittten!" (That's a saying in my language, that the captain always said to me).

I also enjoy Capt. Geir's website. A true artist!

I will truly miss Capt. Leif Rodahl and his wife. We had a lot of adventures on the Pride.

All the best!!!!!!

Seabourn sparks reunions, so I'll be seeing Cruise Crazy One, Martita and Seabourn-Nail in the near future!!!!!:)

Blackbird, yes, there are two Captain's for each ship. They alternate every few months..... As Captain Leif Rodahl will be retiring this summer, we don't know who his replacement will be. I don't know who makes these decisions. Someone on Blue Lagoon, no doubt.
I hope you are correct Martita about the promotion / hiring decision being made by Seabourn and NOT V.Ships Leisure of Monacco who is now Seabourn's provider of marine and technical service management services.

Seabourn sparks reunions, so I'll be seeing Cruise Crazy One, Martita and Seabourn-Nail in the near future!!!!!:)

To (in alphabetical order) Lunar Lady, Martita B. and Seabourn-nail,

Ladies, I have a small request for you. When you meet up with cruisecrazyone and her hubby at yor reunion, please all three of you throw your arms around cruisecrazyone and her hubby give them both a bear hug and a kiss and tell them it "comes with love from their Faithful Scribe!" They will know it came from me, but I doubt they will know my CC username.

cruisecrazyone and her hubby were the first friends I made on my first Seabourn crruise in 2002. We did the 2002 and 2003 Legend Nov. crossings and have had different cruising plans since then. We have kept in touch with Emails and Christmas cards but I miss them being out in the deck chairs, playing Trivia and in The Club. :( I just received a newsy card from her telling me of their future plans.

Thank you ladies so much for performig this favor for me. I am booked to sail and hope to meet Seabourn-nail in Nov. on the Legend and Martita on the Pride in Mar. 2007 (if all goes well at work). Lunar Lady, I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you aboard a Seabourn Yacht someday.

Peachy, I have a huge and wonderful surprise for you! I "recuited" two more fabulous Sailor's for OUR March 19th Crossing.......actually a'long the celebrity category/variety! Goody~~~can not reveal their names just yet.......

Stay tuned and alert!

MB

DEAR PEA SEA 8 CH,

ORIGINAL LUNAR LADY GONE HOLLYWOOD!

WHAT A SMALL WORLD!

IN A FEW MOMENTS ,I'LL HAVE TO SEND ANOTHER LETTER OFF TO CRUISE CRAZY ONE- 2 IN ONE DAY!! THEY WILL BE OFF ON THEIR ADVENTURES WITHOUT AN AMIGO:( .

PLANNING A 2007 REUNION - AWAITING DATE-WOULD BE A BLAST INDEED!:p

CRUISE CRAZY ONE AND I MET ON THE PRIDE IN 2003 .

OUR 2006 REUNION FAILED , BUT I HAD A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE PINK AFFAIR. WHAT AN EVENT!

IF ALL IS WELL, WE'LL MEET IN NOVEMBER . I'LL BE REPRESENTING THE AMIGOS ON THE CROSSING.

MARTITA IS WAITING PLUS GIVEN AN OFFICIAL TITLE ET . AL., I BELIEVE I'LL SEE YOU IN MARCH ALSO.

ALL THE BEST!

Martita, Oooh, I LOVE surprises! :) Ninety percent of the pleasure is in the anticipation! I will write to you in a day or so. Sergeant Schultz is quite busy as The Boss thinks I am an ox and is piling on the work. This is not a bad thing as it keeps me focused and the nose to the grindstone so I can do what I love, preferrably on a Seabourn yacht! :D

Jane

As you know, the Captain has been unable to post pictures for a few days but now he says he is unable to access the site at all. Doesn't know what is going on. Still, it means that he can't put up all his blackmail pictures of us!

Binoculars still unfound. He is going to have to check in the middle of the night if they are still there. I've told him I am going to hide his bicycle so he can't go cycling in the Azores if he hasn't told us where they are by then!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

The Captain was only able to upload one photo to his website on May 10 and "the system has locked him out"again preventing him from uplading is photos! :mad: Captain says he is working wit his web hosting company to get things back on track. I will be checking daily on the progress. However, if anyone visits his website and deterrmines he is now uploading photos, please post here and spread the great news!

Peachy, I had an E-mail from Captain Geir yesterday~~~he's madly working on his "photo albumn" and is hoping he can get it up and running before too long.....

We are, like Geir, very disappointed the system failed. Meanwhile, lets keep our fingers and toers crossed!!

Martita

Archived