Non-Sells Anyone?

chipsahoy

Has anyone ever showed up the day of or the day before at the cruise ship office and gotten on a non-sell? These are any cabins that have no been filled prior to sailing. Just wondering how that would work especially in the N.Y. area? What kind of prices did you receive?

Has anyone ever showed up the day of or the day before at the cruise ship office and gotten on a non-sell? These are any cabins that have no been filled prior to sailing. Just wondering how that would work especially in the N.Y. area? What kind of prices did you receive?

Hi Chips !

Due to security reasons, you cannot do that anymore. I did hear of that years ago, but no longer. Sorry.

Best deals now are Tuesday specials... closest thing to last minute..

I sailed Constellation last year for half the lowest cost fare with a week to go..:D

Andy has it right- all cruiselines have to hand over their passenger manifest to the DHS 72 hours prior to departure....Therefore there are no more last minute sells

I believe it is 72 hours BEFORE arrival back to the USA, they just stopped doing it because it was a big hassle.

al:D

It is incorrect that the cruiseline cannot sell less than 72 hours before departure.

I've (recently) seen departures within 48hours being offered at Interline Rates through the appointed agents.

A few months ago, NCL offered a $10 cruise (+tax and port charges) on the POA Inter-Hawaii, but it was sailing within 48 hours.

I cannot comment on 'show up at the dock' deals, but yes, you can still get the odd amazing offer ($10 cruise!!!) within a day or two before sailing.

Wouldn't it be fun to do the pier side, space available again? 9/11 spoiled that for us, too!

Hi Gail !

Yes, it would be great. I think I would be spending too much time hanging out at the Pier looking for last minute deals :)

How often does this site come out? How do I get it?

Normally every weekend for the following Tuesday but sometimes there are no specials. Just bookmark the site and return to it every week.

My neighbor went to Florida a few months ago. He has a place in Hollywood. He went to the travel agent on Thursday and was on the Caribbean Princess on Saturday. He was with some friends and they got 3 cabins together. So it is still likely that you can get a last minute deal but showing up at the dock is still a no no with out a reservation. Pat

Kewlguy- Thanks for the links. They are exactly what I was looking for. I live just North of Boston and am thinking about attempting a last minute to Bermuda this summer.

Your'e very welcome. Very valuable links. :)

Your'e very welcome. Very valuable links. :)

Thanks a lot!!!! More decisions and procrastination to plan for.:rolleyes:

Decisions, decisions.. thanks for the organization:D

Archived