Non-Sells Anyone?

chipsahoy

Has anyone ever showed up the day of or the day before at the cruise ship office and gotten on a non-sell? These are any cabins that have no been filled prior to sailing. Just wondering how that would work especially in the N.Y. area? What kind of prices did you receive?

Just an example: Carnival.com is still letting you book the April 21st sailing on the Fascination which is now less than 72 hours away...????:confused: :confused: :confused:
But if you had actually *tried* to book that sailing, you would have gotten *this* message:

5074 : The requested sailing is currently not available because either the sailing is closed, or the ship is in Wetdock or Drydock.

But if you had actually *tried* to book that sailing, you would have gotten *this* message:

5074 : The requested sailing is currently not available because either the sailing is closed, or the ship is in Wetdock or Drydock.

Ok, how about via the phone?

:confused: Tef, last time I said 72 hours on a post here, several came back at me saying it was 48 hours, not 72. (I never took the time to look it up, so I still don't know for sure.)

Not going to happen as cruiselines must submit final passenger manifests to DHS 72 hours prior to sailing.

Manifests do not have to be submitted until 15 minutes prior to sailing. they have to be submitted anywhere from 24 to 72 hours prior to returning to the US.

It is possible to get a walk up cabin IF any are available, but most Carnival cruises are full so it is rare that a cabin is available.

Manifests do not have to be submitted until 15 minutes prior to sailing. they have to be submitted anywhere from 24 to 72 hours prior to returning to the US.

It is possible to get a walk up cabin IF any are available, but most Carnival cruises are full so it is rare that a cabin is available.

15 minutes?:eek: C'mon, you've been on here long enough to know that's not correct.

Also about walkons.:rolleyes:

I tried to book a last minute cruise with Carnival and they told me that they need at least 42 hours. You cannot walk up and book a cruise same day anymore.

I've been told many times that the manifest must be submitted 24 hours in advance. The closest to sailing that I've booked anyone (on a major cruise line) was just over 24 hours. I called Royal Caribbean because I found availability at about 2pm, day prior to sailing. Even the agent I spoke with was surprised that the sailing had not yet "closed".

The exception has been Imperial Majesty, which does two night cruises from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau. They must submit their manifest closer to sail time because I've booked guests on the day of sailing.

Archived