How do I get "acknowledged" that I've been on 3 cruises?

afairbro

How do I get "acknowledged" that I've been on 3 cruises? I have never received a pin, nor invitation to a past cruisers party, nor have a gotten a gold S&S card....mine has always been blue. I am taking my 4th cruise on May 8th, on Inspiration.

Call Carnival, as I had to also. Mine were not tracking because some of the cruises were with a middle name and others werent. Then there was the non-married name to the married name and then back again LOL....

They did track them all down and then I finially got my past guest #.

Elle

Do you have your prior booking numbers? You can either call or do it online if you have the info. Otherwise they will have to look it up for you. You probably have a different past guest # for each cruise.

Mark T

How do I get "acknowledged" that I've been on 3 cruises? I have never received a pin, nor invitation to a past cruisers party, nor have a gotten a gold S&S card....mine has always been blue. I am taking my 4th cruise on May 8th, on Inspiration.

If you have a Carnivals Current Magazine, then on the front it will show your Past Guest Number, use this number to check your Cruise History online. Call Carnival if you can not find this Past Guest number, they will look it up for you, then you can go in and see if your Past Guest history is up to date. If its not, then you will need to call Guest Relations at 1-800-929-6400 so that they can update it. It will help them better update your info if you provide Booking Numbers, Dates, Ships Name and even Cabin numbers. You can look on your welcome onboard photo, there are dates on that pictures. Good Luck.

One last thing, When you booked your cruise, whether it be online or by talking to a PVP, It will ask you if you are a Past Guest cruiser. Thats how you get invited to the Parites and to get your pin.

Fred

If I remember correctly they did not start the gold and platnum cards until last year. I noticed your last cruise was in 2004.

Upon embarkation you should automatically get a gold card. Once you get to ten you will get a Platnum.

Also, go on carnival.com. If you are registered with an e-mail address and password you can look at your profil. Look at cruise history. If you do not see your past cruises you will have to enter your past booking number, ship and sail date and then send. Within a day or two you should see your past cruises in the history.

Good luck!

If you didn't use your past guest# for booking you probably didn't get your past guest discount. Also, if you booked a guarantee (instead of an actual cabin) your past guest # will get you a better upgrade! I would def look into this, it could save you some money and get you a better cabin!

Happy Cruising!

Andrea, the gold cards were implemented only several months ago. You should get one on your May 8 cruise. If not, check with the purser's desk and let them know you've been on three previous Carnival cruises - they can look up your past cruises - that way, you'll be sure and get an invitation (and pin).

About your past cruises:

The first was Fascination in 2003.

The second and third were Ecstasy in 2003 and 2004. Those were either 4 or 5 night cruises. If yours were 4-nights, there was NO past guest party. If they were 5-nights, you should have been invited to the party. (Past Guest parties are held ONLY on cruises of five nights or longer.)

Now, the May 8 cruise on the Inspiration..... IF it's the 4 night, no party. If it's the 5 night, you should be invited. Hope this makes sense?:) :confused:

Look at cruise history. If you do not see your past cruises you will have to enter your past booking number, ship and sail date and then send. Within a day or two you should see your past cruises in the history.

Yes, this should work for more recent cruisers.

However, it didn't work for me (and others who cruised LONG ago).:rolleyes: My Carnival cruises in 1987, 88, and 89 aren't "trackable". They say I have to come up with some solid proof that I was actually on those cruises for them to add them to my 'cruise history'...

I have to send them a coupla things, like the boarding pass, and something else (I forgot what). Hey, I have a scrapbook full of things from those three cruises, but not the specific items they need. I told them I have the boarding pictures (with the date). They won't accept those.

Oh well - Since I should be "Platinum" on my next cruise, doesn't look like it's gonna happen.:p Well, actually, I'm persistent - I'll think of something to make it happen. I want all the goodies I've EARNED by being a Carnival cruiser!:D

Yes, this should work for more recent cruisers.

However, it didn't work for me (and others who cruised LONG ago).:rolleyes: My Carnival cruises in 1987, 88, and 89 aren't "trackable". They say I have to come up with some solid proof that I was actually on those cruises for them to add them to my 'cruise history'...

Yes but aren't you having fun making up for the cruises that Carnival is not giving you credit for?

Thanks to all. Lots of good advice here. My "carnival" profile still does not have my past guest # even after I called CS to apply my $30 credit (via letter I have), and thus obvious that I was a past guest. And they have asked me each time if I am a past guest, but they never give me credit for it. I shall look up my past cruise info and call CS and get it taken care of.

Cotton, I did not know it had to be a 5 day cruise for a past guest party. You are correct in that my previous 3 cruises were 4 day, and my next one is 5 day. So I shall party with the best of them!

Cotton, I did not know it had to be a 5 day cruise for a past guest party. You are correct in that my previous 3 cruises were 4 day, and my next one is 5 day. So I shall party with the best of them!

Enjoy!:)

hmmm TA told me only "certain" cruises have past guest fares.....then again she has never even heard of CruiseCritics...........LOL

Elle

Elle,

Your TA is correct in that only certain cruises have past guest fares. Others have only so many cabins available at that rate.

Dave

Same thing happened to us. DH, two of our daughters & I got gold cards but my youngest didn't. She was pretty bummed. I know it's just a color, but gold is a pretty big deal when the rest of the family has it.

One thing nice about the gold card was when we ordered our first "drink of the day" on the Lido deck leaving Miami, the bartender said, "Welcome home." I thought that was such a perfect line.

The past cruisers party was awesome too. They brought out drinks like they'd never run out. At one point, my hubby had one of every color at his side. They are small, but we aren't big drinkers anyway so it was cool to try a few flavors. I thought the party was very nice and much appreciated.

They don't acknowledge past sailings until the person is over 18 years old. Were you over 18 yrs for your past cruises.

That's not true. They acknowledged my 14 year old and my 18 year old (she was 16 when we cruised last). They both had an invitation to the past cruisers party and each got a pin. Actually, we all got pins (even the daughter not recognized as a past cruiser and a teen friend we brought along) but those two didn't get the invites to the party or the gold card. They still went to the party tho with no problem.

I saw MANY young kids (ages 5 and younger) with gold S&S hanging from their lanyards.

Oh yes they can still go to the party with you. But their cards might stay blue until they are older.

Did you read my post? Two of my daughters had gold cards. They were 12 & 16 when they cruised that first time. I also saw many really young kids with gold cards on lanyards.

This may sound bad, but I am just concerned about being invited to the past guest party. But I am confused...do you get the invite when you board? Or do you just show up?:confused:

It shows up in your cabin with your pins. I believe ours was on day 4 or 5 (7 day cruise). It was a very nice party, we all enjoyed it. The girls got sodas and we all had great snacks. It was much appreciated.

Archived