Soda Question

REGINA

Ok, if I got this right it is $6 a day for a soda card (for our 9 nights that is $54).

The soda card gives me FOUNTAIN SODA.

I can go the other way and buy can soda,,,,,,,,,,,,which I do not like.

Do they sell the 20oz bottle sodas.

You won't find many bottles on the ship--cans seem to be the order of the day. We bought 3 sodas on our entire 10 day cruise. Drank water, lemonade, and alcohol! If you're an addicted soda drinker, the card is worth it, but you have to go to the bars and get your cup refilled. For us, it just wasn't worth it!

I can't go without my diet coke. I never carry around that silly sipper cup they give you. They put a coke sticker on your sea pass card and you can go to any bar to get a soda in a glass. In the dining room the waiter will bring you your soda and refill it. I drink two or three diet cokes with lunch or dinner so it's a good value for me. The glasses are only about 8 oz. and with ice maybe less so two glasses isn't a lot. Also at the shows or sitting in any lounge they will serve you a soda. Don't forget on top of the $54 they add 15% tip so you needen't tip when you get your coke each time.

Besides Coke, what kind of soda do they have on board. The free drinks are lemonade and iced tea - right?

In the fountain (i.e. available on the Coke card), they have Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite. In cans (not available on Coke card), they also have Ginger Ale and Diet Sprite (can't always be found in every bar).

The included drinks are tap water, coffee (not specialty coffees), tea (hot and iced), milk, lemonade, and juice at breakfast.

You need to figure the cost of the soda card without counting the days you're in port because you're probably not going to be on the ship much those days. I don't buy the soda card because I don't like fountain drinks.

I'm a Diet Coke addict. I buy the 20 oz. bottles of coke at every port and bring them on the ship in plastic shopping bags. I make no attempt to disguise them and they never say a thing to me. When I run out of bottled cokes, I buy the ship's coke cans. I think they're $1.50 plus gratuity and I don't mind paying that for a limited amount of cokes.

I wish RCCL would offer a can or 20 oz. bottle soda card for us addicts. I would bring up their profits all by myself.

Archived