Anyone been to Smuggler's Cover lately?

cruzfvr

We are thinking of getting a cab to Smuggler's in June, and just wanted to know if anyone has been to the beach lately. There was talk of the property being sold, so wanted to know if we could still go there.

~Debbi

Haven't been there since last June but the whole area was not for sale, just the portion from the old hotel and westward. I'm told it has been sold or at least is in motion which can take quite awhile in the islands. So, even if the sale goes thru there will be plenty of beach to go to.

thanks Pyrate13~ Looks like we will go ahead and check it out the end of June. Do you know if there are any stores on the way from the port to Smuggler's that we can stop at to get some cold beer and soda, chips and stuff?

There are a number of markets on the way but I would recommend Big Ben's if you are coming via the south shore road (Blackburn Highway) and over Zion Hill. Ben's is on the left just before Zion Hill Road and the last good size market you will pass although there is one small one at Sebastian's in Apple Bay, also on the left just after the turn at the three way intersection.

There are usually vendors at the beach selling drinks and snacks, particularly on cruise ship days and I hear the beach bar is open more often now but don't know how long that will last. So you can purchase on the way or go for the vendors but for some reason should they not be there nothing is close by.

Archived