Express Boarding Passes

Krazy Kruizers

I have yet to do our immigration forms for our cruises in June. I will be doing that the first part of May.

But in reading another thread, someone mentioned that when you print your immigration (which I have always done in the past), you now get "express boarding passes".

Can anyone tell me about them?

Thank you.

Not sure just how to describe them, it is a printed form that has all your info listed on it. I used it on my last HAL trip and have printed one for the one next week. It did absolutely no good what so ever at checkin. They did separate the lines in FtLaud into those that had checked in online and those that did not. The lines moved at excatly the same pace, so I guess I wasted time filling it out online. :rolleyes:

There should , at least, be a place on the online form for one's mariner number, it always bothers me that I will not get credit for the cruise if I do not see the number somewhere.

Ed

But in reading another thread, someone mentioned that when you print your immigration (which I have always done in the past), you now get "express boarding passes".

Can anyone tell me about them?.

i think that means you get on a line with everyone else that has express boarding passes --except for suite pax who has their own special line

will be corrected if i am in error

Hi--

I printed mine out for a 6/02/06 Alaska cruise, and it seems to be the old immigration form in a new format and with a new name. As with the old form, I don't see how it is going to speed things up.

Janet

I'm guessing it just lets them know your required information is already captured in the system. We have two different express boarding passes.

For next week's cruise up the left coast, it's just a boarding pass printed on the front. Nothing on the back.

For our July Noordam cruise in the Med, the front is the same ... except that the words "Section 1 of 2" appear at the top. The back (Section 2) has all our information on it. Passport number, issue/expiration, citizenship, emergency contact, etc.

sailing with friends who chose not to book a suite so we chose a cabin on the same deck as them only with a verandah so i will miss the suite check in line when we board the odam --- we just didnt think it would be right to book a suite and have all the perks that they would not be getting and have to be leaving them -----------so we will be on the non suite express check in line-----------how bad can it be there are only 1800 and some pax on the ship -- at least we are not boarding gigantic of the seas

When the Immigration Forms became available on the HAL site several weeks ago, I filled ours out and printed the Express Boarding Passes. Like jhannah's cruise next week, the passes contained only one page.

I just looked again and the passes were available for reprinting. They are now two pages, the second page containing all the applicable information. The second page did not print previously.

I'm glad I checked this out.

B

I just looked again and the passes were available for reprinting. They are now two pages, the second page containing all the applicable information. The second page did not print previously.
Same here! Mine now prints both pages. Wonder why they didn't print at first? :confused: :confused: Thanks so much for mentioning this.

Noticed your sail date of 6-2, is it on the Zaandam, I havent seen anyone else on the board sailing this one.

The cruise is sold out, but I suppose it's possible I'm the only CCer. Will try to do a good job for all of you!

Janet

I had printed out our forms for the April 5 sailing of the Noordam. Right before the cruise, when I couldn't put my hands on them, I decided to print a new set. At that point it was too late and I had to hunt around the house to find the set I had printed and then set aside. Found them, but am not really sure it was worth it. When we got to New York, there were two lines, side by side mazes, one for the people who had registered on-line, and the other for those who had not. We actually got into the line meant for those who hadn't registered, as it was considerably shorter. I was so glad we did. It turned out that the two mazes met up front by a counter of computer operators and the passengers were sent to the next available computer person.....first one from one maze then one from the other maze. I couldn't see any advantage to registering on line. Tho HAL says it's faster, that wasn't the case for us.For one thing, the girl who dealt with us had so much trouble with my form and the computer, I was convinced that I had typed it in a foreign language. Don't get me wrong, I wa glad I did it (and would do it again), I just didn't see the advantage it was supposed to create.

The cruise is sold out, but I suppose it's possible I'm the only CCer. Will try to do a good job for all of you!

Janet

Janet, my wife and I will be on this cruise, havent seen any other CC'ers on the board. Hope to see you there.

Same here! Mine now prints both pages. Wonder why they didn't print at first? :confused: Thanks so much for mentioning this.

Thanks to both Bellebaby and Jim. :) I filled out our immigration forms back in March and only printed one page.

I have gone back in just now and have printed out both pages. I would have missed this if I hadn't read this posting.

Jennie

Jim, Jennie, and senator6

You are quite welcome.

When I read this thread, I realized the Express Boarding Passes must have two pages. As we have discovered, the documents printed in March only had one page. I followed my instincts and now we all have complete documents. I'm glad it worked out!

B

When the Immigration Forms became available on the HAL site several weeks ago, I filled ours out and printed the Express Boarding Passes. Like jhannah's cruise next week, the passes contained only one page.

I'm glad I checked this out.

B

Thanks so much. I just checked my docs and low and behold there is now a page 2. I love this board. Everyone here is the best!!!!!!:D

CC

I had printed out our forms for the April 5 sailing of the Noordam. Right before the cruise, when I couldn't put my hands on them, I decided to print a new set. At that point it was too late and I had to hunt around the house to find the set I had printed and then set aside. Found them, but am not really sure it was worth it. When we got to New York, there were two lines, side by side mazes, one for the people who had registered on-line, and the other for those who had not. We actually got into the line meant for those who hadn't registered, as it was considerably shorter. I was so glad we did. It turned out that the two mazes met up front by a counter of computer operators and the passengers were sent to the next available computer person.....first one from one maze then one from the other maze. I couldn't see any advantage to registering on line. Tho HAL says it's faster, that wasn't the case for us.For one thing, the girl who dealt with us had so much trouble with my form and the computer, I was convinced that I had typed it in a foreign language. Don't get me wrong, I wa glad I did it (and would do it again), I just didn't see the advantage it was supposed to create.

I think it depends on the number of folks using express boarding and the staffing at embarcation. We used express boarding passes this last Friday in Vancouver on the Voldendam. About 20 folks waiting in "normal" line and none in the express boarding pass (still listed as Web Checkin). We walked right up, no wait, and were processed in five minutes.

Archived