Upgrades on Xpedition?

Babo02

Some folks have posted that when they boarded, they discovered that they were placed in a higher level cabin. Truthfully, except for the few suites, there is little difference among cabins and I'm not sure it would have been worth it. We had 305 (one of the lesser valued cabins) and loved the location and found the cabin quite acceptable. With the all-inclusive nature of the Xpedition, everything you'd want is included anyway. So...enjoy and if you get a higher level cabin...good for you!

Some folks have posted that when they boarded, they discovered that they were placed in a higher level cabin. Truthfully, except for the few suites, there is little difference among cabins and I'm not sure it would have been worth it. We had 305 (one of the lesser valued cabins) and loved the location and found the cabin quite acceptable. With the all-inclusive nature of the Xpedition, everything you'd want is included anyway. So...enjoy and if you get a higher level cabin...good for you!

If there is a third person in a cabin,the hotel manager has been known to move them to a vacant 300 cabin after boarding...I can't say that dead presidents were not involved.

We were upgraded from the cheapest cabin in the front of the third floor to the mid-fourth floor. After my husband got ill, I was moved back to the third floor for the last three nights. The third floor room (311) was actually bigger than the 4th floor room. I don't see why there is a difference in the pricing between floors. The 4th floor is a bit more convenient to the Discovery Lounge, but the ship is so small that the location doesn't really matter.

I've only seen one cabin (304), but when I discovered that there were six vacant cabins on our April 2 trip, I checked to see if any of the unsold cabins were better than ours. It looked like all but the suites with balconies were virtually identical.

On such a small ship, the only thing that entered my mind was that cabins in the middle and the rear might be better if you encountered some seriously rough seas.

we have a cabin at the front of the ship and the more expensive cabins are mid-ship. We would prefer to be in the middle, so are hoping that perhaps we might get moved if any of those cabins is vacant.

Bonnie :)

We sailed last oct and we got a two catogory upgrade by the upgrade fairy. It was a very pleasant surprise. We sailed on deck 4 mid ship and enjoyed it very much. This was the best cruise we ever took. The smallness of the ship was a big plus and the crew were wonderful.

We are booked in cabin 304 for the Dec. 29 sailing on Xpedition. There will be three adults in that cabin and we were told that there are only a few cabins that accomodate 3 people. There was some mention of the hotel manager? in Baltra. What hotel manager? The only hotel that we are staying in is in Quito, right? I'm confused.

The hotel manager on the ship. No hotel stay in Baltra.

We were in 304 on April 2. There is a slight problem with that cabin, especially since you'll be using the extra bed. The air conditioning duct is directly above the beds with no way to turn down the force of the air. At least we didn't see any way to do it. You can always ask.

We were upgraded in our November/December 2005 Xpedition cruise from one of the small cabins at the front of deck 3, to one that was a bit closer to the centre of the ship on deck 3 (sorry, I've forgotten the exact numbers). We also met the couple who was upgraded from our eventual cabin to one on deck 4.

If I remember correctly, we had 76 guests on board for the week, so there was a bit of space left to move us around.

However, we had a couple of evenings where some guests found that the ship was moving a bit. I have to say that given the small size of the Xpedition, I didn't find that there was much of a difference between the movement at the front compared to the movement at the back.

Archived