Conflicting info from NCL on what you can bring on board!

cruisinreunion

This will be my first time cruising with NCL and after reading the different threads about the adult beverage card, I figured I would call them to get some more details. While on the phone with the agent I was told no soda, water, juice, etc is allowed at all. I was under the impression that soda and things would be allowed on. Can anyone clarify this for me. I think the agent was new also, so that might explain it,.Does anyone know if you have to pay a corkage fee for champayne also? How many bottles is each person allowed. I don't want to spend outrageous prices onboard, if I can bring my own. and I don't want to pay for the all you can drink when I know certain days we won't be drinking and I know it would be a waste of money. On sea days, at $9.00 a drink, I am sure I could make the card worth my while, but, I am just trying to spend my hard earned dollars the most efficient way.

55 days and counting..........

I will try and clarify

1, You don't have a option for an adult beverage card. It is only available to group bookings and included in the final payment. All in or none in.

2, I think the CSRs are told to say no beverages - in fact no issue bringing your own water, soda, or juice - other then having to haul all that liquid

3, champagne is wine - $15 per bottle

4, prices onboard are not outrageous - mixed drinks are $5.50 plus tip - wine by the bottle less then most restaurants on shore. Same drinks in fancy souvenir glasses are $8 plus tip

http://www.ncl.com/more/wine_list.htm

This will be my first time cruising with NCL and after reading the different threads about the adult beverage card, I figured I would call them to get some more details. While on the phone with the agent I was told no soda, water, juice, etc is allowed at all. I was under the impression that soda and things would be allowed on. Can anyone clarify this for me. I think the agent was new also, so that might explain it,.Does anyone know if you have to pay a corkage fee for champayne also? How many bottles is each person allowed. I don't want to spend outrageous prices onboard, if I can bring my own. and I don't want to pay for the all you can drink when I know certain days we won't be drinking and I know it would be a waste of money. On sea days, at $9.00 a drink, I am sure I could make the card worth my while, but, I am just trying to spend my hard earned dollars the most efficient way.

55 days and counting..........

As of our April 6th sailing, water, soda and juices were OK to bring on board. I suggest putting a luggage tag on a case of water - it will be delivered fine; the rest I would put them in a carry on in case they do get flagged - no real problem - only your time in that you will have to go to the "holding area" and get in line to collect your luggage. Wine and champagne is fine but carries a per bottle corkage fee - $15 per bottle. Any hard liquor found will be taken and held until the last night.

Hope this helps.

Just got off the Sun, what has been said above is pretty much the case. I would suggest the bar set up ahead of time: $40 for a bottle in your room. It may sound high, but it really isn't when you figure how many drinks you get from a liter of alcohol. Water, etc is fine to bring on board; we were surprised to find someone tried bringing on a 5 liter box of wine and it was convescated. As shoreguy said: drinks are not that expensive if you ask for the brand listed on the bar menu by price. The expensive maritnis are double and make with Gray Goose if you are ordering Vodka. NMnita

No, that's not true. You'll be charged $15 per bottle of wine as a corkage fee.

Last time I sailed the Dawn in September, I took several single serve bottles of Berringer White Zinfindel and even though the guards saw it, they didn't say anything about it. I think its the luck of the draw. Which guard you get. I'm going to do the same thing. If they take it, they just take it, but NCL does not serve that particular wine and its what I like.

Last time I sailed the Dawn in September, I took several single serve bottles of Berringer White Zinfindel and even though the guards saw it, they didn't say anything about it. I think its the luck of the draw. Which guard you get. I'm going to do the same thing. If they take it, they just take it, but NCL does not serve that particular wine and its what I like.
I don't blame you for trying. I really hate to admit I may try something next cruise. When I saw my bill this time I thought: Gooly I need to think of something else. The other option: don't drink so much: darn, what fun is that? NMnita

Why run the risk of paying $15 per single serve when you can buy a full bottle onboard for $22. Makes no sense to me:rolleyes:

182 White Zinfandel, Beringer $22

http://www.ncl.com/download/faxback/4800.pdf

If you are bringing soda or water onboard, I would recommend putting it in luggage of some sort. I have had two experiences with NCL. Several bottles of water were missing the first time. The second time, my case of water just never arrived at my cabin. I guess it all depends on how honest the baggage handlers are. I have to say that I did have two stick on luggage tags on the case of water. There was no mistaking where it was supposed to go. I am going again in October and I am bringing the expandable NCL bag that I bought on the Majesty. That will hold my water going, and my souvenirs, etc. coming back.

I would guess that the reps, when asked, might tell you that you can't bring your own drinks (of any kind) on board. They want to make money selling pop and water too; not just alcohol.

But....in reality, it's not a problem to bring your own pop, water, juice on board. We've done it every single time - nary a problem. Have never tried to bring alcohol and probably won't.

We only take enough to make it to the first port. Otherwise the luggage just gets too heavy.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

I would expect that if you tack a $15 charge on each bottle of wine you bring aboard, you would be paying more than for the same bottle onboard. We just returned from the Sun and tried a brand from South Africa we had never heard of; the onboard wine cost about $29...I doubt it would be $14 in a shoreside store!

Archived