Free Stuff on Board

shergar1

I just got off the 4/15 Triumph and felt I needed to share with you all the free stuff I got on my recent cruise.After breakfast every morning I went to find a chair, and I "found" folded beach towels, sun lotion, sun glasses, and books just sitting on the empty chairs;) .

This is a wonderful touch by Carnival and I picked up some lovely items.Not sure why they sell towels and then leave them on the chairs for hours unattended.I could only fit 8 in my suitcase.As for lotion, glasses , etc please email me if you need someicon10.gif

I just got off the 4/15 Triumph and felt I needed to share with you all the free stuff I got on my recent cruise.After breakfast every morning I went to find a chair, and I "found" folded beach towels, sun lotion, sun glasses, and books just sitting on the empty chairs;) .

This is a wonderful touch by Carnival and I picked up some lovely items.Not sure why they sell towels and then leave them on the chairs for hours unattended.I could only fit 8 in my suitcase.As for lotion, glasses , etc please email me if you need someicon10.gif

Last fall on the Caribbean Princess they had the same thing!:eek: I could use only so much stuff so the rest I gave to an attendant or just left on the deck!

You are a hoot!!! LOL

No, I actually did wait(as I used the chairs, not save them). Only one couple asked If I had seen there stuff.I politely told them that I had been here for hours and most likely a Carnival employee had moved the stuff.I sent them in the direction of the purser for further info.They thanked me and I went back to sleep on their towel.:D :D

No, I actually did wait(as I used the chairs, not save them). Only one couple asked If I had seen there stuff.I politely told them that I had been here for hours and most likely a Carnival employee had moved the stuff.I sent them in the direction of the purser for further info.They thanked me and I went back to sleep on their towel.:D :D

Still laughing over this.

I'm looking forward to my first cruise (less than three weeks to go!) and I've been reading so much about people saving chairs. Are people really that crazy (not to mention rude) as to leave their stuff sitting out all day on a chair that they don't use? If so, I think they deserve to have their stuff disappear!

You know, I always felt bad about moving people's belongings but now I will just tell them some attendant picked them up, don't remember what they looked like.

Linda

I wasnt so lucky, I mean all the freakin towels that carnival left on the chairs were all the same :o and as for the free gifts, JUNK !!! one was a nice pair of sunglasses with a missing lens. I submitted my sadly thoughts about the crappy gifts carnival left us on deck on the Comment Card, maybe the next cruise we can score :D

You just gave me the guts to move it all. I used to move a towel but felt like I couldn't move someones glasses or other personal belongings but you are right. They should feel stupid losing their things because they left them unattended for hours. Maybe these people will get the message.

Too funny!! I bet there were some chair hogs who were left wondering where their "free stuff" went.:D

Missyal

And why they had a $22.00 charge or 2 on their S&S account. Good for you. Hey I heard of this new way to sell things on line, I think it's called umm, Ebay, LOL. What a hoot.

Ok so just how much time do you really allow before moving someones "things"? I mean I think if a person sets their stuff down and has to go to the bathroom and maybe to get a drink that is about 30 minutes top...Then you always have the 1 person sitting there saving the seats for 8 other people. I myself would even gladly tip a carnival seat patrol person LOL...:p

Ok so just how much time do you really allow before moving someones "things"? I mean I think if a person sets their stuff down and has to go to the bathroom and maybe to get a drink that is about 30 minutes top...Then you always have the 1 person sitting there saving the seats for 8 other people. I myself would even gladly tip a carnival seat patrol person LOL...:p

I think 30 minutes is more than fair. Any longer than that and I think their seat is fair game.

[Edit: or an hour. I posted this before Astronomer's posting... but I'd agree with that; an hour is probably fair, too.]

Police officers routinely patrol 30-minute or one-hour parking areas around here. They chalk the tire of each car as they walk their rounds, and if a car exceeds its time limit, they ticket it. I think the same thing should apply for unattended seats; put a tag on the seat saying that the seat was observed unattended at such-and-such a time, and then if the seat is still empty 30 minutes later, the seat is fair game (and so's the stuff on it!).

From reading these posts, I'd imagine Carnival could probably pay for a seat attendant just by charging people to retrieve their lost stuff. Proving ownership would be a challenge, especially when it comes to towels, but it might encourage people not to leave their stuff sitting out for hours!

Archived