Compensation for cruise cancelled by RCCL

SLH

I've recently been told that my cruise on the Jewel in April 2007 has been cancelled by the company. They will compensate me for the inconvenience of rescheduling with $100 shipboard credit and price protection. The price maybe less anyway since this was an 8 night and I will now be on a 7 night. So in the end the shipboard credit will be my only compensation. Do you think this is enough for making me change my vacation plans?:confused:

Yes, you are talking about a cruise a year from now, not one next month. The fact that they are price protecting you is amazing even if you decide not to take advantage of it, not to mention the fact that they are giving you a shipboard credit.

You might wait a little while before rebooking. An 8-night cruise may reappear. The Radiance normally does the 8-night cruises as well but it isn't showing any cruises for after April 7th. When they release itineraries in a couple of weeks you may be in luck.

It's certainly an inconvenience, but have you lost any money. I'm guessing that you haven't purchased airfare yet due to the time frame. It's certainly annoying, but you would seem to have plenty of time to select another option for your vacation. Is there a reason you can't do another cruise in the same time frame, even with a different cruise line. Was there anything really unique about the Jewel itinerary that no one else offers. To a certain extent you might be lucky that you found out so far in advance.

If you were on the April 21 sailing.........so were my wife and I.........we got a $200 shipboard credit for transfering to another sailing.........11 months out we thought that was great........didn't even expect that. we have rebooked for March 24th........same ship and itinerary.

Jim

They also did this to the mid April 2007 of the Brilliance of the Seas, I guess that is when they are getting the new bedding, too bad it won't be before I get on 3 weeks before that.

It could be that they have a charter for the ship. I doubt RCI would cancel a cruise to add new bedding unless they are preparing for dry-dock of the ship.

We were booked on the April 16, 2007 Brillance that was cancelled. We were told she was going into dry dock. We too were given price protection and $200 on board credit (works out to $100 each). We thought that was great and have rebooked. Since we originally booked this on Navigator last year (got $200 for doing that), we now have $400 on board credit. Yea!

I was interested to read your post re JOS. Can I ask which cruise you were booked on as we are also booked B2B in April 07 but have not yet heard anything from our travel agent.:eek:

Thanks

Jane

We were also booked on this cruise. We received a 200.00 onboard credit, but no price protection. I had to change our cruise to 3/24/07 for a 200.00 higher price. Price protection for some and not all seems unfair.

Pat :)

It seems fair, although I'm sure it's hard to sort out your feelings of having your cruise cancelled from the compensation. We fuss about choosing a cruise and getting a cabin we would be happy with so I certainly understand you might be disappointed. I'd be really frustrated if they didn't offer price protection....

Pat I think price protection is for the cruise you transfer to..........not based on your old booking price of the old date..........and once you book.......everyone gets price protection........they are simply saying once you book a different cruise, you won't have your price increased. Everyone will get this......

Pat I think price protection is for the cruise you transfer to..........not based on your old booking price of the old date..........and once you book.......everyone gets price protection........they are simply saying once you book a different cruise, you won't have your price increased. Everyone will get this......

You are missed at the Morning Coffee Stop! Glad you are back. Come tell us about your cruise!!

I also agree that the cruise line really doesn't have to offer you much this far out. Airfare isn't even out yet for next April, so that's not an issue, its almost a full year away, so vacation schedules for most business' for 2007 aren't out yet.

This has happened to me twice over the last few years, and it has always been far enough out for me not to worry about it.

Scott

SueL & CruisinMike, we were on the Brilliance cruise that was cancelled also. We ended up taking Jan. 12, 2007 because we could get the cabin we wanted. I wanted to cruise a little later in the yr. but now I like the fact that our cruise will be a few mos. sooner. Getting harder and harder to wait. We got a $400 credit since we are in a GS. Thought they handled us very well since it was so far in advance. Just wish drydock was happening before us since new bedding looks wonderful.

Archived