Compensation for cruise cancelled by RCCL

SLH

Pat I think price protection is for the cruise you transfer to..........not based on your old booking price of the old date..........and once you book.......everyone gets price protection........they are simply saying once you book a different cruise, you won't have your price increased. Everyone will get this......

isujim, not as I understood it. My understanding is that they gave me protection for my cruise at the price of my cancelled cruise or the new cruise price if lower. I twice verified this with my TA. So if the cruise I booked to was more, I got it for the price I had originally booked. If it was less, I got it for the reduced price. To me that was fair and the onboard credit helped. One reason I think the on-board credit should be available as an incentive is that some of us book a cabin we really want, early. In my case I had JS 1602 on Brillance. That cabin is not easily available after a certain time. So if you have to move to another cabin (not being your first choice), I think RCI is being fair offering the onboard credit as incentive.

SueL & CruisinMike, we were on the Brilliance cruise that was cancelled also. We ended up taking Jan. 12, 2007 because we could get the cabin we wanted. I wanted to cruise a little later in the yr. but now I like the fact that our cruise will be a few mos. sooner. Getting harder and harder to wait. We got a $400 credit since we are in a GS. Thought they handled us very well since it was so far in advance. Just wish drydock was happening before us since new bedding looks wonderful.

deb, I agree that RCI handled this well. I'm glad they gave us so much notice. I was able (and lucky) to find my cabin also and the added $200 onboard credit to my already $200 onboard credit just makes it better

Mike

I appreciate the information.........I will check with my ta concerning this. My situation is a little different in that when our April 21 Jewel cruise was cancelled, we rebooked for the 24th of March. No jr. suites were available for the March cruise as we had booked on the April cruise so we opted for a Grand Suite..........we did have to pay the grand suite price, which I understand and have no problem with.........

But I will check.........it never hurts to ask. Thanks for the info and clarification.

Jim

I was interested to read your post re JOS. Can I ask which cruise you were booked on as we are also booked B2B in April 07 but have not yet heard anything from our travel agent.:eek:

Thanks

Jane

:) Hi Jane! My family is booked on the April 7 sailing as well ( I WISH that we were doing a B2B!) It appears that the sailing everyone is talking about is not ours, but 4/21. That would be awful if they cancelled one of your two weeks!

Has anyone heard what the reason is for cancelling the cruise? I'm hoping that it is for a charter rather than a refurb...I saw a show on the Travel Channel about a ship refurb, and it seemed like the few weeks before it were pretty hectic with the crew preparing and even getting started on some of the demo!

Mike

I appreciate the information.........I will check with my ta concerning this. My situation is a little different in that when our April 21 Jewel cruise was cancelled, we rebooked for the 24th of March. No jr. suites were available for the March cruise as we had booked on the April cruise so we opted for a Grand Suite..........we did have to pay the grand suite price, which I understand and have no problem with.........

But I will check.........it never hurts to ask. Thanks for the info and clarification.

Jim

Jim, good luck. I can't speak to changing categories but I hope it works out for you. It would be nice since your category wasn't open that they would give you price protection at the higher category....that is the same GS price protection from one cruise to the other....but who knows. As I said good luck.

Mike

Archived