Glacier Kayaking Juneau questons?

YellowRoseTexas

I have booked this trip for our first cruise May 17 to Alaska :) and I would like to know if someone could tell me what to wear and what to bring. It is a 2 seat and I will be w/my husband - but we are from Texas and when it gets 60 degrees we drag out sweaters? Shoe suggestions? I have camera and binocs....any and all help is appreciated!

We booked this excursion too for June 5.I wanted to know if We can carry a packpack with our cameras with us on the kayak,but know one seems to answer me.The extra socks sound like a good tip.I would like some more info too.:confused:

If it is a small backpack, you do have a little room by your feet. I've also seen some people just wearing the back pack while kayaking. This isn't the place to over pack.

Great cause I wanted to take 2 kinds of cameras,A digital and movie camera.:)

suggestion for shoes? Water shoes okay? or just tennis shoes?

If you mean those beach shoes you wear in the water??? Those are too cold for Alaska. Hopefully you have some water resistant footwear? As a suggestion, take what you have and give them a couple sprays of waterproofing- available at Walmart.

Archived