How Is It Presidents Week/

Hey 2ladies! We met on the NOS board....

I'm confused. Are you booked on NOS on President's Week (leaving 2/17/07) or the following week?

This will be my 4th President's Week cruise (first on RCCL) and there are always a lot of kids (but less on the Liberty this year than the others -- probably due to the ports - more sightseeing, less beach in Costa Rica and Panama).

Since I always bring my kids, I am always tolerant of the others. But, I really never see problems (I also don't look for them). Sure, some kids play on the elevator and some kids wander all night, but I've never seen any really cause trouble. I take that back -- saw one very rough ping pong game in which a window ended up broken and another where the ping pong table broke (on a different cruise). But, I've also seen some really annoying adults.

I cannot wait for next President's Day Week! (although I hate to "wish away" the summer) Really looking forward to trying RCCL.

We are on the 24th - which I was told was Presidents Week. Will not be devastated if it isn't!!! We are from the UK - as I said - we are advised to put dates up on the roll calls to avoid misunderstandings!!

So it looks like we are not travelling together after all!! I like kids - but we have been on two Christmas cruises - one of which was so bad that we had to go to our cabin at 11.30pm on New Years Eve as we were so frightened of the gangs of drunken teens running round the ship!!! The other was not quite so bad - but a lot of bad behaviour.

So we are just a little concerned, although I think the cruise lines are cracking down a lot more now on misbehaviour.

3 words... LOT'S OF KIDS

DITTO -DITTO - DITTO. We sailed on the Carib. Princess President's week, and it was awful. Kids pushing all the buttons on the elevators, ergo, slow elevators...snail slow!!!! Hanging out, unsupervised, on staircases. Would not do that again. But then we don't have to. If that's the only time one can go, then do it and work around the problems.

OK guys - educate me. When is Presidents Day 2007??!!

Do different schools have different vacation times for it?

February 19. Most schools here in the East have winter break that week. Some schools break the week before. And it is a popular cruise time for families. If you choose a 10 day cruise, the likelihood of a lot of kids lesens considerably. I really do love to be around children. Most are so refreshing and fun to watch. But I have found that families on a cruise feel that they can let their kids run free without supervision. They should wake up. Things happen to kids on ships when they are not being watched!!! Don't be complacent. Plus, it's a pain for the other passengers to have to put up with kids' unsupervised pent up energy!!!!

Presidents Day is, as previous poster said, Feb 19 next year. It is typically the 3rd Monday in Feb (celebrating Pres Lincoln's b-day on Feb 12 and Pres Washington's b-dy on Feb 22 -- for one combined national holiday). In our public school district in NY, we get the whole week off of school. In other states, it is just a long weekend. It's also a perfect time to escape the winter, which starts to get really cold here in January.

Our friends in NJ can't ever cruise that week with us as their kids are not off that week. Our friends in Massachusetts also can't cruise with us that week -- even though the public school is off, they have one child in private school and they don't get off that week! So, you see, it varies.

But, if you want to avoid kids, best not to cruise Presidents Week -- all of us NYers will be on board with our kids! As for me, I never notice the problems alluded to on this board. So the whole thing works for me!

We sailed during that week this past year and, like someone else said, there were a lot of kids(800+ on VOS) but it wasn't a problem. It mostly looked like family type vacationers, not rowdy spring breakers. The biggest problem we had was the inability to find a reasonably priced room in Miami the night before. Because of the holiday and the Miami boat show there was next to nothing available unless you wanted to spend $200+. We ended up driving down the day of the cruise.

Archived