Conquest dining room attire (What I saw)

aggie182

Was on Conquest last week. Apr 16-23.

Shorts in the dinig room?? Yep, saw it.

Jeans in the dining room?? Yep.

Jean shorts in the dining room?? Yep

Jeans on a formal night?? Saw it.

Now you may say, 'Duh, we've all seen and discussed this to death on here'. And you're right.

Now for the one that takes the cake.....

Bathrobes in the dining room?? Yep, on the last night, about 6-8 older folks (not real old, maybe 50s or so) came in to the dining room in their bathrobes. They shook Freddy's (the head maitre'd) hand and walked in to their table. Our servers (Melena and Plamen) said they couldn't believe he let them in. Only thing I can figure is that they handed good ole Freddy a tip envelope stuffed with some $$. Who knows. To me, it doesn't bother me one way or the other as to what people wear, but it was shocking to see this.

Was on Conquest last week. Apr 16-23.

Shorts in the dinig room?? Yep, saw it.

Jeans in the dining room?? Yep.

Jean shorts in the dining room?? Yep

Jeans on a formal night?? Saw it.

Now you may say, 'Duh, we've all seen and discussed this to death on here'. And you're right.

Now for the one that takes the cake.....

Bathrobes in the dining room?? Yep, on the last night, about 6-8 older folks (not real old, maybe 50s or so) came in to the dining room in their bathrobes. They shook Freddy's (the head maitre'd) hand and walked in to their table. Our servers (Melena and Plamen) said they couldn't believe he let them in. Only thing I can figure is that they handed good ole Freddy a tip envelope stuffed with some $$. Who knows. To me, it doesn't bother me one way or the other as to what people wear, but it was shocking to see this.

I think I've seen someone in bathrobes in the dining room on every cruise. Not sure what they are thinking... it's about the tackiest thing you could wear, second only to cut-off shorts :rolleyes:

My Spirit sailing last year on Elegant-Casual night 2 young men from the next table showed up in their bathrobes, with neck-ties, black dress socks and dress shoes....................it was a hoot.............they were fire-fighters having a good time, most folk in the dining room wanted to have pictures taken with them..............of course they entered the dining room "fashionable late" and had a gal in an evening gown between them hanging on to an arm of each...........it was very funny, that's they way they meant it to be and that's the way the dining room full of folks took it too.

Now for tacky....................Pride, Formal night, table for 6, 4 teens/young adults in sweats and about 20 minutes later the parents showed up with trays of food from the Lido Deck.............well!

Well I know I'll be wearing jeans to the dining room when I go, so everyone prepare yourself!

I wore some khaki cords on all of the non-formal nights I attended. Yes, the same pair. They aren't fancy. I'd say they are on par with jeans. On formal nights, I wore a black suit, one night with a tie, one night without (due to sunburn). Both nights I took my jacket off to eat, it was in the way.

I wore some khaki cords on all of the non-formal nights I attended. Yes, the same pair. They aren't fancy. I'd say they are on par with jeans. On formal nights, I wore a black suit, one night with a tie, one night without (due to sunburn). Both nights I took my jacket off to eat, it was in the way.

To be honest I posted that to get a rise out of some people...didn't seem to happen. However, I do plan on wearing jeans to the dining room. They are all expensive designer jeans and I plan on wearing a blazer along with them each night so I don't think people will have a problem...

To be honest I posted that to get a rise out of some people...didn't seem to happen. However, I do plan on wearing jeans to the dining room. They are all expensive designer jeans and I plan on wearing a blazer along with them each night so I don't think people will have a problem...

I'll be wearing my buttless chaps as well... they are very expensive designer buttless chaps, which makes them more appropriate of course... and the dress code doesn't say they aren't allowed... so there :p

I'll be wearing my buttless chaps as well... they are very expensive designer buttless chaps, which makes them more appropriate of course... and the dress code doesn't say they aren't allowed... so there :p

I am at you table for the SSII cruise right? :D

I'll be wearing my spandex exercise pants... they are very expensive designer spandex exercise pants, they are also not prohibited by the dress code - and I especially look good in them, I may even wear a blazer with them.

I'll be wearing my spandex exercise pants... they are very expensive designer spandex exercise pants, they are also not prohibited by the dress code - and I especially look good in them, I may even wear a blazer with them.

:eek: :eek: MY EYES... MY EYES :eek: :eek: :p

On the Pride I also saw jeans in the dining room - every night as a matter of fact, and not the nice designer type. They were the new fashion - faded and torn when you buy them. And they were accompanied by t-shirts and halter tops (not dressy ones either!)

The kicker was the chubby 40-50ish overly made up woman who came staggering in on formal night in a jean mini skirt - not hemmed, just cut so that the strings were hanging down here and there. Her "man made" bosoms were just bursting out of her itty bitty halter top. Really tacky, kinda pathetic!

Didn't ruin my cruise (don't really care what others do to a point) but it does show a decline of class IMO! ;)

At what price $$$ does regular jeans become "designer" jeans? Do they have the name tag sewn on the back so everyone can appreciate that they are designer jeans and are therefore special?

If you wear "designer" jeans does the designer pay the wearer for the advertising?

I wear jeans to cut my grass and paint the house, not go out to dinner.

Do nudist cruises have a formal night dress code:eek:[yYes,. they dress for dinner if they are eating in the formal dining room,. the dress code is just the same. Now the rest of the time,. they wear whatever they would like[which is ussually nothing] It is actually much more sanitary than a 'textile' cruise,. because wet bathing suits can be filled with all sorts of germs that can be left on chairs,. but a nudist ALWAYS carries a clean towel to put down before he/she sits down. BTW it is about 5,.000 times more comfortable swimming without a suit on.The reason we are not going on a naturist cruise,. is because we are bringing our granddaughter with us and her parents arte not entirely comfortable with nudity yet, though all of our kids except one has gone to MAR with us.

Archived