Booked 07 Alaska, but where's the ressie?

kayguz

I booked the RFS for the Vision for a July 07 sailing, but the confirmation email has not come through yet. I booked directly thru RCCL and have confirmatin numbers. I tried to use them on the website to see if they were there and it was saying it was invalid information. Is it normal for there to be a delay? I'm a bit nervous as it's hard to get this type cabin and I would hate to lose it on a technicality....

Also, we're cruising the Mariner at the end of May (first RCCL cruise:D ) and were wondering if we can transfer this booking to get the onboard credits offered- any scoop on this?

Thanks,

Kay

I booked a Mediterranean cruise for 2007 directly through RCCL when the European itineraries were released last Thursday. I was able to view the ressie online within half an hour. I never got the original receipt by email but called yesterday to make a couple of changes and requested the receipt again and was told it was being sent while I was on the phone. It was about 3 hours later before it hit my inbox.

But I got it and I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise next year! :D :cool:

How long has it been since you made the reservation? Like I said, I never got the original email receipt but I could see the ressie online pretty quickly.

I would call if you don't have some kind of confirmation by tomorrow morning. I'm sure it's all fine. :)

I booked Serenade this morning for Alaska 2007. I received my email right as I hung up the phone with her and I was able to access it online right away. I did have to go in and enter the reservation number and assign the owner to be able to view it in My Cruises, but it was immediate. I would call RCCL and get to the bottom of it before it is too late. You may have just written the number down wrong, or they may have even read it off wrong. I know I was up before 5am to book this particular cabin and if I didn't get access to the reservation right away, I would have been calling to confirm it.

I called RCI yesterday morning to transfer a booking I made on a cruise last month to an Alaska cruise. I never got a confirmation e-mail, and it was several hours before I could pull up the reservation in "My Cruises."

I booked Serenade this morning for Alaska 2007. I received my email right as I hung up the phone with her and I was able to access it online right away. I did have to go in and enter the reservation number and assign the owner to be able to view it in My Cruises, but it was immediate. I would call RCCL and get to the bottom of it before it is too late. You may have just written the number down wrong, or they may have even read it off wrong. I know I was up before 5am to book this particular cabin and if I didn't get access to the reservation right away, I would have been calling to confirm it.

I had to use the "don't see my cruise option" also for a cruise booked onboard. Have you tried brining it up that way? Try booking an excursion and see if your number works there.

As far as the transfer booking ? you would need to ask the TA that is offering the onboard credits. If your talking about that $99 cabin discount that is only for bookings thats pricing just became available.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I just this minute hung up from RCCL after booking the 14 night Alaskan cruise on Radiance for 2007. We booked this until we see the other itineraries. If this is the cruise, I did not want to lose the cabin choice. (middle of the hump), yahoo. :)

I was told she would send the email confirmation out to me right away.

I will check later and see if it is there. If not, I will just call. My cabin, is gone from the website as soon as I booked, so that is a good sign.

Yesterday morning I booked our '07 Alaska cruise on the Serenade directly from RCI website. In a matter of seconds I received 2 emails. One was a confirmation of booking, and the second an email explaining how I could access all my info on the RCI website.

I have not received my email yet, but I went on line and my reservation is there for me to see. all the details are correct. I had to access it through the Can't see my reservation.

I never did received the email confirmation this am. I just called, they apologized and will send one out immediately.

My reservation was definitely there when she checked for it.;)

I did call this morning and the ressie was there, it just didn't get sent to me. I was also given the excuse that the site was slow and that may be why it was showing up yet. I tried the "can't find your reservation" and it wouldn't go to it from there either. In any case, I got the emails today so we're good to go. I'll check the site later.

I'm hedging my bets, too. I'm waiting for the Princess itineraries to come out to compare- but I didn't want to lose the suite as it's perfect for us with the 5 kids.

Thanks!

Kay

I just this minute hung up from RCCL after booking the 14 night Alaskan cruise on Radiance for 2007. We booked this until we see the other itineraries. If this is the cruise, I did not want to lose the cabin choice. (middle of the hump), yahoo. :)

I was told she would send the email confirmation out to me right away.

I will check later and see if it is there. If not, I will just call. My cabin, is gone from the website as soon as I booked, so that is a good sign.

Alexis, we booked that cruise, too. See you in September (2007)! I put a courtesy hold on our cabin and then called to have our Diamond C&A discount applied and made the deposit. It showed up on the website in a matter of minutes as paid, and the email confirmation was waiting for me when I got home.

Archived