Galaxy Orion Table Configuration

TNTKP

Just a quick question: Does anyone know of a reliable seating map/table layout of the Orion restaurant on the Galaxy. Called a number that was posted on another thread for information about dining room table seating assignments, and basically, any and all the seating information I could gather from the deck plans for the Orion were not correct. Actually, had to ask what tables were where, and made a request that way - which was then added to our reservation.

OK all you seasoned CC'ers, now's your chance, enlighten me!

Thanks,

Tim

We were on the Galaxy in Feburary and apparently the table numbers can get changed from early to late sitting. We came in a few nights and there was another number and waiter's name on it.

Try to get on the upper level as we found the bottom level was noisey from the engines and the vibration. That was our only complaint about the entire cruise. The ship is great as was the staff.

Mary

Tim, I have an Orion table chart that shows all of the table numbers. I got it from the Maitre'D in April 05. It's at home so I don't have it with me today. I'll search for it tonight. :)

I hope I can find it.:(

Tim, don't be surprised if they haven't accomodated you exactly as you have requested. They can only do it on a best endeavours basis for table size and mix of people (if you have chosen a larger table). Desired location is going to be harder for them to pre-assign.

It's my understanding that the dining room does get changed around, so what might have been for a previous cruise won't necessarily be what's there exactly when you are on board.

We found that main seating was busier than second, because of the mix of cruisers. Not sure which cruise you are on, but you may stand a better chance of changing on one than the other.

As soon as you are able, find out where you are sitting and go and see the Maitre d' if you want to try changing it. He'll do his best for you, but he has quite a few diners to keep happy!;)

Phil

Try to get on the upper level as we found the bottom level was noisey from the engines and the vibration. That was our only complaint about the entire cruise. The ship is great as was the staff.

Mary

We would have to agree with Mary. We were at table 525 last week. This table was on the bottom level near the rear of the dining room. Think 1 table from the captain's table. The vibrations were so bad a few nights that it made us think something was wrong with the engines. Also, the noise is quite pronounced and makes conversation without shouting difficult.

Funny thing though, it did not mess up our appetites....LOL

Lane

Very interesting thread. We will be a party of 10 and are already on the waitlist for late seating. Does it help to phone the Captain's Club and have them note your requests, such as a table in the upper dining room, or do requests have to go through the travel agent?

We learned that once our trip was deposited the travel agent was no longer interested in doing any work for us.

Does anyone know where the Table for Two seats are? Are they upstairs or downstairs, or both?

Are any tables by the window looking outside?

Sorry for all of the questions...I look forward to learning more great advice from all of you!

Kevin

I do not know first hand about the lower level. The upper level of the Orion had banquettes around the inside perimeter of the room which sat 2 & 4 persons.

We were at a table for six across from them next to a window. I do remember that the couple at a table of two across from us appeared to become very friendly with the table of 4 next to them. What I am trying to say is the tables are close enough together that converation with the table next to you is easy.

At this link you will see a table for two to the immediate right of the waiter on the far left hand side of the picture.

Archived