Missing Important Info in my Cruise Ticket/Brochure?

Everydaymatters

I was told there should be emergency contact information in my ticket/brochure. Because I watch over an 85 year old lady in a nursing home, it is very important that I can be reached. However, my booklet arrived with no emergency contact phone number.

I called Celebrity twice and spoke to two different people. I was told two different things regarding the email address and given two phone numbers.

I'm concerned and will call the TA. I hope she will not get a third set of information.

Do your travel documents include contact information while you are at sea?

Apparently, it doesn't matter which Celebrity ship you are on. I looked at their website, under "Before You Cruise", and then "staying in touch". It says:

"An Outlook email account will be setup for each Guest on the ship."

..."An inbound message causes a voice mail message to be placed on your stateroom phone."

The second person I spoke to at Celebrity didn't know anything at all about a email account and said the person receiving the message was responsible for regularly checking their email. Per their website, an inbound message to the account they set up would cause a message to be placed on the stateroom phone.

That's ok if I'm responsible for regularly checking and I should use my own email address, I just want to know what the facts are since the website contradicts what I was told on the phone. Under my particular circumstances, it would be nice to know I'll be notified if there's an inbound email.

Apparently, it doesn't matter which Celebrity ship you are on. I looked at their website, under "Before You Cruise", and then "staying in touch". It says:

"An Outlook email account will be setup for each Guest on the ship."

..."An inbound message causes a voice mail message to be placed on your stateroom phone."

The second person I spoke to at Celebrity didn't know anything at all about a email account and said the person receiving the message was responsible for regularly checking their email. Per their website, an inbound message to the account they set up would cause a message to be placed on the stateroom phone.

That's ok if I'm responsible for regularly checking and I should use my own email address, I just want to know what the facts are since the website contradicts what I was told on the phone. Under my particular circumstances, it would be nice to know I'll be notified if there's an inbound email.

You might try the online checkin. There is a place for emergency contact.

A few cruises back one of our tablemates at dinner had a small plumbing emergency. The house sitter was able to get intouch via the ship information, cabin #, and reservation #. Guest services got intouch with them to let them know...It wasn't a big deal, but they were happy that X was able to let them know someone called.

Dave:eek:

In our cruise documentation in the past, and on the Celebrity site here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000uFZPJKayLXRvzTVDysG8cPu:1028etq20?pagename=staying_in_touch&cS=NAVBAR

There is a phone number. I believe this gets you to a satellite phone operator or something like that, and they'll need the name of the ship, cabin number and a credit card to complete the call - as they charge a fee to the caller and need the credit card info. We've never used this, but I've always left the number behind.

On our last cruise, and perhaps on all Celebrity Ships, they also had cell phone service. They do not indicate how much this costs, and the service is sourced through Cingular. If you have Cinguar service you can call them and find out the rate, I found it once on their web site but it was hard to find - I think it was something like $2 to $4 /minute. I'm not sure what the rate would be for a non-cingular customer. We used it a little and service was pretty good, but not 100% - sometimes connection was difficult. This is only on while at sea - at port your cell service will depend on the local wireless provider.

At www.celebrityatsea.com, it says your email address will be:

FirstnameLastname@SHIPNAME.CelebrityAtSea.com

Here is the link to the email verbiage:

http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?value=5

Thank you for the information.

The email verbiage says that the ship's name is Century, Constellation, Galaxy, Infinity, Mercury, Millennium or Summit. Does that mean that email is unavailable on Zenith, which is the ship we'll be on?

The TA told me that they could not give the email number out, but I could get it when I boarded. However, the information I received on this board pretty well concurs with what one of the people at X told me: FirstNameLast@mr.celatsea.com.

So, is it the full name of the ship or the abbreviated name.

Is it CelebrityAtSea or celatsea.

Is it case sensitive.

I feel like I'm having a hard time trying to get emergency contact information for my people. It shouldn't be like this.

There is supposed to be an OnLine@Celebrity page in my brochure. It is not there. I sincerely appreciate all the help you are giving me on this board.

The information for you to give to your friends and family to contact you ARE in your cruise ticket.

There is also a number for YOU on your travel day, to contact the ship if your flight is late etc.

These numbers do not jump out and bite you, so when I read the contract I always circle the number. You never know when you might have to cal. For instance, we knew Millenium was going to be late arriving after its first transatlantic crossing after its refurbishment, and were told to call that number to see what time to go to the pier.

There is a table toward the back of the ticket that tells the number for the ship.

When you sign up for the cruise you supply them with an emergency number. I understand that this number is sometimes used to tell your family when your ship is going to be delayed (and you may be in transit), thinking your family may know what hotel you are staying in, or have your cell phone number etc.

It's all right there. Hope you locate it in the ticket so you don't have to worry with lots of slips of paper.

Phone/Fax

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Celebrity's Satellite Service. Before you depart for your cruise, leave the following number with anyone wanting to reach you: 877-266-1020.

Direct faxes can also be made from shore to ship by dialing one of the following numbers:

Ship Prefix Fax Number(s)

Century 011.874* 636.633.920

Constellation 011.874* 363.600.616 or 620

Galaxy 011.874* 363.653.420 or 460

Infinity 011.874* 363.698.517 or 523

Mercury 011.870* 335.151.712 or 722

Millennium 011.874* 363.601.126 or 134

Summit 011.874* 363.699.461 or 488

Zenith 011.874* 124.5567

Is this what you are looking for? From Celebrity website.

I don't know about Zenith but on Summit I was able to get a signal on my Cingular phone even when we were at sea. I had to stand in the center by the glass elevators to call my daughter on her birthday to do it, but it did work even w/the annoying satellite delay. My cousins all had different servers and could not use their phones until we were in port. I also was keeping tabs on an elderly relative who lives alone and it was comforting to know we could be reached if there was a problem.

I was carrying my cell phone with me all the time in a little purse with my room card and after about a week, I couldn’t unlock the room door! I went down to customer relations where they issued me a new one and asked if I had it next to a cell phone or digital camera. When I said I had a cell phone, they said that cards were frequently erased by the batteries of these devices. Since I had promised my daughter to keep my phone with me at all times so she could notify me in case of an emergency, I ended up needing to get a third card before we finished the cruise.

Is it case sensitive.

E-mail addresses are never case sensitive, actually. :)

I have Verizon. Verizon told me that contract with another carrier in Juneau and Skagway, so I can send and receive calls. They said there is no service in Ketchikan or British Columbia. Also, they said service will not be very good in Juneau and Skagway

There is always cell phone service - people in Ketchikan have cell phones! - but it may not be Verizon. When I was in Juneau I called home, not knowing how much I would be charged - just for the novelty of it. Fortunately when I then contacted customer care for my provider (T-Mobile) they said normal roaming would apply. I have a nationwide plan, so I did not have to pay any extra for calls from Alaska. I also called home from Ketchikan and had perfectly clear connections at both ports.

Archived