Help the Newbie pack!

BethKel

All of these are great suggestions, especially the shower shelf. I was thinking about maybe a cheap shower caddy to hang on the shower head - also was thinking about picking one up in San Juan so I don't have to pack it. That is another great advantage about going a day ahead - you can pick up a few odds and ends.

So that you don't pack to heavily, I recommend organizing your cruise list. The Cruise Diva has a great list on her website. I have my own list organized into catagories like important stuff, utilities, makeup, meds, types of clothing. I am in the process of paring down and putting makeup and shampoos into minitures. Don't forget the airline weight regulations and 9/11 regs. EX: I don't think they allow aerosol cans even in checked luggage. I also bring my Swiss army knife, but I check it.

I always take a flashlight, especially if I'm going to be in an inside cabin, it gets really dark!

Another thing I found helpful was a plastic travel mug. I get up early in the morning and bring coffee back to my dh--don't have to worry about spilling it.

Last year we went on a Baltic cruise and to save weight and space we rented formal clothes for my husband, including shoes. It worked out great.

Something I didn't think of for my last cruise was buying a tankini, instead of a one-piece swimsuit. For shore excursions, you often need to wear shorts and a tee over your suit. Trips to the ladies room are lots easier with a tankini!!

My daughter always takes alot of bottles of bubbles, blow up beach balls, blow up pool toys, sand buckets, etc and gives them to the kids on the beaches in Mexico. Alot of those kids would never have a chance to play with any of those kind of toys = we see lots of happy faces.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived